Here are prayer points for church growth and revival you can use to pray.
God’s ultimate desire is growth.
He wants you to grow, He wants His church to grow and be revived.
This is because with growth, God is able to do much more and accomplish great things for His kingdom through the church.
Do you give responsibilities to babies?
No! They cannot handle it.
But when the child has grown and become an adult, then he can be trusted with responsibilities.
That is what God wants from you and me – His church.
Now, we know that church growth usually comes with revival, while revival is usually birthed with prayers.
This is why you must pray if you want to see real church growth – which is a result of revival.
To help you headed the right direction, we have put together these prayer points for church growth and revival to help get you started.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Possessing The Land
Prayer Points For Church Growth And Revival
The following are prayer points for church growth and revival for you to pray:
1. Pray and say; Oh Lord God of heavens and the earth, maker of everything, revive your work on earth through the church, in Jesus name.
“Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, Lord. Repeat them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy.” (Habakkuk 3:2, NIV)
2. Pray and ask for a fresh outpouring of the Spirit of Holiness upon the church.
“Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.” (Psalm 110:3, KJV)
3. Pray and ask the Lord to purge His church from all filthiness of the spirit and body, in the name of Jesus Christ.
“Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Corinthians 7:1, KJV)
4. Ask the Lord to purify by fire the hearts of the leaders of the church all over the world in the name of Jesus.
“And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.” (Malachi 3:3, KJV)
5. Pray and ask the Lord to out pour afresh His Spirit of knowledge, wisdom and understanding that makes for growth management.
“And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.” (Isaiah 11:2-4, KJV)
6. Pray and ask the Lord to visit the church with power like as the day of Pentecost, in Jesus name.
“And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.” (Luke 24:49, KJV)
7. Pray that God will grant His ministers boldness to proclaim the word in all circumstances and at all times, in Jesus name.
“And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word.” (Acts 4:29, KJV)
8. Pray that the Lord will grant His servants power to heal the sick and cast out devils.
“By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.” (Acts 4:30. KJV)
9. Pray and ask the Lord to work again like in the days of the Apostles, in mighty signs, wonders and miracles that will baffle human knowledge and understanding and that will dumbfound the scientific world.
“Saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle hath been done by them is manifest to all them that dwell in Jerusalem; and we cannot deny it.” (Acts 4:16, KJV)
10. Pray and ask the Lord to give power to His servants to speak and make decrees with undeniable proofs and results.
“And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.” (1Kings 17:1, KJV)
11. Ask the Lord to pour out His Spirit for conviction on the unsaved resulting in massive harvest of souls.
“And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment” (John 16:8, KJV)
“Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?” (Acts 2:37, KJV)
12. Ask that the Lord will help the leaders of the church with wisdom to put structures in place that stimulate and accommodate church growth.
“And look that thou make them after their pattern, which was shewed thee in the mount. (Exodus 25:40, KJV)
13. Ask the Lord for wisdom for the church and its leaders to birth programs and activities that are catalyst to revival and church growth.
“And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.” (Exodus 12:14, KJV)
14. Pray and ask that the Lord will pour out His Spirit of grace and supplication upon the church that will result in a worldwide response to prayer by the church.
“And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.” (Zechariah 12:10, KJV)
15. Pray that the Lord will give to His church in a super, deep and new dimension, the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.
“That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him…” (Ephesians 1:17, KJV)
16. Ask and plead with the Lord to allow His Spirit of conviction and power to settle over regions, nations and cities all over the world simultaneously for super harvest of souls.
“Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God,….” (Acts 8:14, KJV)
17. Pray and ask the Lord to visit His church in mercy and grace once again, in Jesus name.
“The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.” (Psalm 138:8, KJV)
Now go ahead and thank God for answer to prayers.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Spiritual Empowerment
Nonetheless exhaustive, these prayer points for church growth and revival will help get you started in prayers.
God is ready and willing to out pour His Spirit in power and fire upon the church for revival and growth if the church is willing to pray.
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14, NIV)
Now that you have taken your place in prayer for revival and church growth, please don’t stop until you see your prayers being answered before your very eyes.
Now, we think that to make your prayer more effective and to really drive home your points, you will need to also pray these prayer points for church growth and revival in the Spirit.
That way, you are able to really pray well with full assurance and depth
So pray these prayer points for church growth and revival as often in your understanding and don’t forget to also pray them in the spirit.
Be rest assured that soon you will begin to see the travail of your soul and then you will be satisfied that God has answered your prayer.
All the best!