Here’s a list of prayer points for a worship team to pray all the time and most importantly to pray as you prepare for every meeting.
Plus, these prayer points can be prayed all the time for worship leaders and worship team by pastors, prayer and intercessory units and by individual believers who care about worship in their church and ministry.
You would agree that the way a service will go to a great extent depends on worship.
The spirit with which a service is started will determine how glorious the meeting will eventually turn out.
And since worship sets the pace for the meeting, precedes every other aspect of a church service (except opening prayer), then it is important that those who lead worship be held up in prayer.
Of course they will do better to even pray for themselves and by themselves all the time.
Now, let’s see some prayer points for a worship team to pray.
Prayer Points For A Worship Team To Pray
The following are prayer points for a worship team to pray before, after every service and to pray all the time so they can live ready.
1. Pray that you may live holy and godly lives.
Ask the Lord to help you live holy and godly lives that are worthy of people indwelt by the Spirit of the Lord and who carry and communicate the divine presence.
“Depart, depart, go out from there! Touch no unclean thing! Come out from it and be pure, you who carry the articles of the Lord’s house. (Isaiah 52:11, NIV)
2. Pray for unity among the worship team.
That the team will be united among each other and that true love will be the binding cord of the worship team
“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” (Psalm 133:1)
3. Pray for the anointing of the Spirit upon you.
Ask the Lord to anoint you and the team with the Holy Spirit in power, pure praise and prophecy, and that the anointing of the Holy Spirit will be upon your songs.
“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.” (Isaiah 61:1)
4. Pray for mind focus during worship.
Ask the Lord to take away everything and anything that distracts, diverts attention and that causes the mind to wander while in worship or during worship.
“My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.” (Psalm 57:7)
READ ALSO: Prayers For New Believers
5. Pray to be yielded to the Spirit.
Ask the Lord to help you yield to His Spirit so He can inspire worship and praise in you on the spot as you sing.
“Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.” (Romans 6:13)
6. Pray that you will be sensitivity to the leading and direction of the Spirit as you lead.
“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.” (Romans 8:14)
7. Pray for rest, peace and quietness within you hearts.
Ask the Lord to give you peace of mind. Pray and reject trouble and unrest in your mind; if you are not settled in your mind, you will not be able to make connection with the Spirit.
“And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.” (Isaiah 32:17)
8. Pray for the spirit of excellence as you lead; excellence to help you make the flow and connection from and of one song and sound to another.
“This also cometh forth from the LORD of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working.” (Isaiah 28:29)
9. Pray for orderliness and coordination within the team as you worship.
“And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.” (2 Chronicles 20:21
10. P)ray and cover the equipment, musical instrument and gadgets use in worship.
“For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.” (2 Timothy 1:12)
11. Pray that the anointing of the Spirit will come upon you to play, sing, praise and prophecy as you sing.
“Moreover David and the captains of the host separated to the service of the sons of Asaph, and of Heman, and of Jeduthun, who should prophesy with harps, with psalteries, and with cymbals: and the number of the workmen according to their service was:” (1 Chronicles 25:1)
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For A Nation In Crisis
12. Pray that the Lord will help you to be able to take the service in the direction the Spirit wants.
“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.” (John 16:13)
13. Pray that your songs and worship will minister life to the hearers.
“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63)
14. Pray that the Lord will help you to sing down the glory and that you may usher worshippers into His glory and presence.
“So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of the LORD.” (1 Kings 8:11)
15. Pray that you may be filled with the Spirit always before, during and after the worship.
“And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit.” (Ephesians 5:18)
16. Pray that you and members of the team will not fall for sin, yielding to Satan and temptation.
Ask the Lord to help you not to fall for sin and not to allow sin to destroy the team making them ineffective.
“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” (Matthew 6:13)
17. Pray that you will lead a quiet and peaceable live in all godliness and honesty; that way, Satan will not be able to establish a hold and a place in your life to torment you with guilt, making you ineffective for the service of God.
“Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.” (Hebrews 12:14)
Thank you Father for answer to prayers, in Jesus name.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Breaking Stubborn Curses
By no means exhaustive, these 17 prayer points for a worship team to pray will help get started as you cover the team in prayer.
These prayer points for a worship team to pray can be prayed alone, or together as a team.
It can also be prayed over a worship team by anybody.
The important thing is that your worship just needs to be covered in prayer.
Satan hates an anointed worship team and he will seek to destroy their effectiveness through sin, envy and quarrel.
So these prayer points for a worship team to pray will help check him and stay him off you and your team so you can be effective in worship leading a life that truly glorifies God.
And don’t also forget to always pray in the spirit if you want to stay on top of your game.
All the best!