Here are scripture base intercessory prayer points for Sunday service for you to pray for every of your Sunday church meeting.
And you can pray them on or before your Sunday service.
But first, let me show you something about intercessory prayer that may help you as you set yourself to pray and intercede for your Sunday service.
Prayer and intercession is the lifeblood of your services, without intercession really, your church services will not be as impactful as they should be.
That is to say, if you want to see the glory of God in your services, you have to induce it through intercessory prayer.
So this is not something to take casual; the success and effectiveness of your service depends on it.
The Holy Spirit is let loosed and free to work in a meeting that is seeded with intercession.
So to get you started, we have put together some intercessory prayer points for Sunday service that covers almost every subject you need to touch in prayer as far as Sunday service is concerned.
Now, let’s get to it.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For A Worship Team To Pray
Intercessory Prayer Points For Sunday Service
The following are powerful scripture base intercessory prayer points for Sunday service for you to pray:
1. Pray and declare the ground and worship center sanctified by the blood of Jesus and the Spirit of Holiness.
“When Moses finished setting up the tabernacle, he anointed and consecrated it and all its furnishings. He also anointed and consecrated the altar and all its utensils.” (Numbers 7:1, NIV)
2. Pray and take authority over the atmosphere, declaring that Jesus is Lord and that every devil bows and out at the instance of the glory of God.
“That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Philippians 2:10-11)
3. Pray and ask the Lord to breathe afresh upon every worshipper, the chairs, and the ground.
Pray that the anointing of the Holy Spirit will be upon the people, the chairs they will sit on, the ground in the center and upon every physical object that the worshippers will have direct contact with.
“Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.” (Ezekiel 37:9)
4. Pray that God will order peoples’ steps to the service.
“I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth.” (Isaiah 43:6)
READ ALSO: Opening Prayer Points For Church Service
5. Pray and bind blinding (evil) spirits that keep worshippers from receiving God’s word in their spirits.
“For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.” (Matthew 13:15)
6. Pray that every unsaved person that comes to service will submit to the Lord, call on His name and become born again, saved in Jesus name.
“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Acts 2:21)
7. Pray that the people’s heart will be opened to receive the word, that the word of God will have free course and unhindered in their hearts.
“For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13)
8. Pray that the presence of the Holy Spirit will be evidence in the service.
“And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.” (Acts 4:31)
9. Pray that the word of God will come with power to heal the sick, cast out devils and meet the need of every worshipper.
“He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” (Psalm 107:20)
10. Pray that the man or woman of God will yield to the Spirit and follow in His leading and guidance as He ministers the word and prays for the needy.
“And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.” (1 Corinthians 2:4-5)
11. Pray that God will give the man or woman of God utterance and then fill him or her with boldness to declare the word.
“And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.” (Ephesians 6:19-20)
12. Pray that every sick and oppressed person that comes to service will be healed, freed and delivered by the power of the Holy Spirit and the Word.
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.” (Luke 4:18)
13. Pray that the worship team will yield to the Spirit as they lead the people in worship.
14. Pray that the choristers will minister in the power of the Spirit in songs.
15. Pray that the sound systems will work properly, that none of them will malfunction during the service.
16. Pray that everything and every aspect of the service will be orderly.
“Let all things be done decently and in order.” 1 Corinthians 14:40
17. Pray and cover the ushers with the blood of Jesus as they work with worshippers and the ministers to bring order to the service.
And don’t forget to thank God for answer to prayers, in Jesus name.
We are sure you find these intercessory prayer points for Sunday service helpful.
Everyone of the prayer point is bible based – scriptural, this is important because it is only prayers based on God’s word that receive the attention of heaven.
God always honors His word.
So in praying them, be sure that you are praying the mind and the will of God, therefore the answers are guaranteed.
And be sure to not stop praying these intercessory prayer points for Sunday service until you begin to see the hand of the Spirit in your meetings.
And I think you don’t even need to stop praying them even if God’s glory has become a daily occurrence in your Sunday service.
There’s more of God’s glory to see and witness; the rivers of God’s Spirit are inexhaustible.
To drive it home more fully, don’t forget to pray these intercessory prayer points for Sunday service in the Spirit all the time – for where your mind stops, there the spirit begins.
Even more so, praying in the spirit makes your prayers more effective.
Glory to God!