Here are opening prayer points for church service you can use to pray for any of your church services.
It could be Sunday morning, afternoon and evening services, mid week services, or any other special church service and meeting.
Never forget this: the atmosphere you generate and induced in your church service through the opening prayer will to a large extent determines the power and effect of the service or meeting.
This is why you must not joke with your opening prayer; you must take your church service opening prayer serious like every other part of the meeting.
In short, the best, most effective, life changing and Holy Spirit filled services and meetings you will hold in your church will be induced and informed first and foremost by the opening prayer.
So don’t start your meeting dull, boring and drowsing.
Start it with fire and power, right from the opening prayer and you can be sure that that fire will burn through the entire service.
First impression always lives lasting impression.
READ ALSO: Intercessory Points Points For Sunday Service
Opening Prayer Points For Church Service
The following are opening prayer points for church service for you to pray:
1. Pray and say; Father, we thank you again today for an amazing time in your presence; we pray that your glory fill this place of worship today in the name of Jesus Christ.
“When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. (Acts 2:1-2, NIV)
2. Pray and ask the Lord to gather His people from all over the nook and cranny of the city or town for the service, in Jesus name.
“The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.” (Genesis 49:10, KJV)
3. Pray and ask the Lord to specifically order the steps of worshippers and the needy to the service, in the name of Jesus.
“I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth. (Isaiah 43:6, KJV)
4. Pray and declare the place of worship sanctified by the blood of Jesus.
“And it came to pass on the day that Moses had fully set up the tabernacle, and had anointed it, and sanctified it, and all the instruments thereof, both the altar and all the vessels thereof, and had anointed them, and sanctified them. (Numbers 7:1, KJV)
5. Declare that the heavens will be open over the service in the word, in power, fire and the manifestations of the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus.
“And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.” (Acts 4:31, KJV)
6. Ask the Lord to touch every worshipper that comes for the meeting in a special way that they will live to tell the story.
7. Pray and ask that the fire and power of the Holy Spirit will be burning in the ground at the worship center, on the chairs, walls, pews and pulpit, in Jesus name.
8. Pray and declare that the devil and his hosts of evil forces fly and go far away from the place of worship, in Jesus name.
“That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” (Philippians 2:10-11, KJV)
9. Declare that the atmosphere be saturated with Holy awe, fire and presence of the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus.
10. Ask the Lord to anoint the praise and worship team to sing down His glory and presence, in Jesus name.
11. Declare that every song the worship team sings, and every ministration the choir does in song will minister life to the hearers and everyone present, in Jesus name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Beginning Of A New Month
12. Pray that the sound system will perform optimally during the course of the service.
13. Pray and declare that no instrument of worship; music instrument, sound system, cameras, lighting, generator will break down or malfunction in the course of service.
14. Pray and declare that the man or woman of God will be filled with power and fire as he/she preaches and teaches the word of God.
“But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin.” (Micah 3:8, KJV)
15. Pray that the Word of God will have free course and be glorified among the worshippers, and that it will have a life transforming impact on them, in Jesus name.
“Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you.” (2 Thessalonians 3:1)
16. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to breathe life on the meeting Himself.
“Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.” (Ezekiel 37:9, KJV)
17. Ask that the Holy Spirit will manifest Himself and glorify the Father in mighty signs, wonders and power in the meeting, in Jesus name.
“Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.” (Romans 15:19, KJV)
18. Pray that the name of Jesus will be magnified and glorified in the meeting, in Jesus name.
“And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.” (Acts 19:17, KJV)
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Intercessory Prayer Points For The Church
19. Pray that the people will encounter the Lord in a different way and in new dimension, in the word and prayer by the Spirit, in Jesus name.
20. Ask the Lord to meet every need in the life and heart of the people in the name of Jesus.
21. Declare that the people’s eyes will be open to see the Lord in the service during worship, the word and prayer time.
22. Pray that every one that is oppressed of the devil will be delivered in the course of the service, in the name of Jesus.
“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” (Acts 10:38, KJV)
23. Pray that every heart that is confused and frustrated will be restored and straightened out through the power of the word and Spirit, in the name of Jesus.
“I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly.” (Psalm 85:8, KJV)
24. Pray and ask the Lord for order and orderliness during the service.
“Let all things be done decently and in order.” (1Corinthians 14:40, KJV)
25. Pray and ask the Lord to send His ministry angels to attend to the service and to the needs of the people, in Jesus name.
“Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?” (Hebrews 1:14, KJV)
26. Ask the Lord to completely invade the atmosphere with the divine presence, in Jesus name.
Then go ahead and thank the Lord for answer to prayers, in Jesus name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For A New Beginning
Nonetheless exhaustive, these opening prayer points for church service are enough to help get you started on opening prayer for your church meeting.
They cover almost every aspect of a church service.
Plus, these opening prayer points for church service are effective because they are bible based and Holy Spirit inspired.
Of course you know that God is not obligated to answer your prayer, but He is under obligation to honor His word. So we believe that since these opening prayer points for church service are based and taken from God’s Holy written word, He will therefore attend to them with immediate answers.
Now to be sure that you fully exhaust these opening prayer points for church service and pray them well, we will ask that you consider praying them in the spirit as well.
When you do, these opening prayer points for church service will perform wonders in your meeting and even affect your prayer life in a great and effectual way.
‘The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” (James 5:16b, KJV)
All the best!
Our Most Popular Content
- 23 Scriptural Prayer Points For Mercy (With Bible Verses)
- 43 Strong Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points With Scriptures
- 17 Strong Prayer Points For Church Growth And Revival
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Restoration (With Bible Verses)
- 17 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For Sunday Service
- 23 Strong Prayer Points For Breakthrough (With Bible Verses)
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Family (With Bible Verses)
- 13 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For The Church
- 31 Earnest Prayer Points For Beginning Of A New Month
13 thoughts on “26 Great Opening Prayer Points For Church Service”
Thanks alot for this prayer points, they are very effective. More power to your elbows.
Glad to hear that, Opeyemi.
I give thanks to God for these awesome inspiration. God bless you more grace.
Wow! Powerful prayer point.
I bless God for your life. More grace
Amen to your prayer.
Thank you for praying….keep the prayer fire on.
Thank you for this great resource
Thank you for praying, brother Peter!
God will increase you in allside
Thank God and you for theses prayer points. I’m expecting God to do a new thing in His Church throughout 2023 in Jesus Christ Name. Blessings and Happy New Year
Thanks,these are great prayers to start up with.
Yea. You’re welcome.