Here are prayers for new believers that you can use to pray and cover them in prayer.
The spiritual, mental and physical wellbeing of a new believer is very important and critical at that.
The parable of the sower depicts what happens to new believers from the time they are born again to the time they become fruit bearing branch of the body. (Luke 8:4-15)
Stay with me and let me show you something you may never have seen in that parable.
Do read this post to the end to grasp everything on prayers for new believers.
From that parable, we see that 25 percent of new believers are hijacked by Satan the very moment the seed of the word of God is planted in their heart.
Another 25 percent give up when things get rough, when they persecuted because of the word.
Yet another 25 percent are choked by the concerns and cares of this world such that they do not come to maturity.
It is only 25 percent of the original new believers that ever make it to the end.
Why? Satan will kick up every dust in the world to stifle and snuff out the life of the Word of God from the new believer.
This is why you must pray for new believers in your church, ministry, family and fellowship.
And this is where prayers for new believers come handy.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Spiritual Growth
19 Prayers For New Believers
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you, (Galatians 4:19)
The following are prayers for new believers to effectively cover them on their journey to maturity in Christ:
1. Pray that they may conform to the image of Christ in spirit, soul and body.
“For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.” (Romans 8:29)
2. Pray that they may know the will of God for their personal lives.
“And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.” (Acts 22:14)
3. Pray that they may be established in the faith.
“That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,” (Ephesians 3:17)
4. Pray that they may be filled with the Spirit of God with accompanying gifts.
“And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. (Luke 24:49)
5. Pray that they will not give up when trial and test comes.
“They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.” (Luke 8:13)
6. Pray that they will be filled with the exact knowledge of God’s word. They will not fall for false teachings.
“For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;” (Colossians 1:9)
7. Pray that they will be fruit bearing both in prayer and witnessing.
“Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.” (Philippians 1:11)
8. Pray that they will be filled with the spirit of excellence in all things.
“Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm.” (Daniel 6:3)
9. Pray that they may be discerning and know things that really matter from things that are not.
“That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;” (Philippians 1:10)
READ ALSO: The Lord’s Prayer Explained
10. Pray that the fruit of the spirit (love and others) will be developed in them.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23)
11. Pray that they will be on fire for God and remain vibrant in spirit serving the Lord.
“Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;” (Romans 12:11)
12. Pray that they will not be offended.
“Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.” (Matthew 13:21)
13. Pray that they will not fall into the hands of unreasonable wicked men of negative influence.
“And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.” (2 Thessalonians 3:2)
14. Pray that they may be bold to declare their faith openly and publicly without fear and shame.
“And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,” (Ephesians 6:19)
15. Pray that they will submit to wholesome teaching and discipleship in the local assembly.
“And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.” (Luke 2:51)
16. Pray that they will be able to resist sin and Satan.
“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” (Matthew 6:13)
17. Pray that they will not fall by the way side, and that they will not fall for satanic attacks and persecution.
“Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.” (Ephesians 6:13, NIV)
18. Pray that they will not be overtaking with the cares of this life.
“And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.” (Luke 8:14)
19. Pray that they be filled with the spirit of wisdom, knowledge and understanding so they will be able to provide for their physical and material needs.
“Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established: And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches. A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength. (Proverbs 24:3-5)
Thank you Father for answer to prayers, in Jesus name.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For A Worship Team To Pray
READ ALSO: Best Bibles For New Believers
Nonetheless exhaustive, we believe the list of 19 prayers for new believers above will give you a head start as you pray and cover new believers.
You would agree with me that had you not been prayed for and continually covered in prayer by older believers, you may never have become the kind of Christian that you are today.
This is why you too will have to take upon yourself to pray for new believers in your church and ministry.
This post on prayers for new believers is therefore tailored to help you get started doing that.
Take the time to pray these prayers for new believers calling them by name until you see their lives turn out for the best that God has for them and to His glory.
Set yourself to pray these prayers for new believers as often and always (by the way, you should always have new believers in your church and ministry).
God is counting on you to not only get people saved but to also see them come to maturity in the faith.
And prayer, specifically prayers for new believers (alongside wholesome teaching of the word of God) is one way to doing this.
Take responsibility for the establishment, growth and maturity of new believers in your assembly praying prayers for new believers.
You may also have to pray for them in the spirit, that way you are able to cover other areas of their lives that you may not have been able to do otherwise.
God bless you!
Our Most Popular Content
- 26 Great Opening Prayer Points For Church Service
- 17 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For Sunday Service
- 23 Scriptural Prayer Points For Mercy (With Bible Verses)
- 23 Strong Prayer Points For Breakthrough (With Bible Verses)
- 43 Strong Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points With Scriptures
- 17 Strong Prayer Points For Church Growth And Revival
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Family (With Bible Verses)
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Restoration (With Bible Verses)
- 31 Earnest Prayer Points For Beginning Of A New Month
- 13 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For The Church