Here are prayer points for a successful marriage you can use to pray.
Marriages are not made in heaven but on earth.
It is a union between two imperfect persons but who seek to represent God on earth and who chooses to continue His mandate of filling the earth with people.
Just like every, and any other vocation in life, you need knowledge to be able to successfully run your home and marriage.
While the exact knowledge and an understanding of your spouse is important to making a success of your marriage, you need spiritual knowledge all the more.
Good enough, through prayers and the word of God, the Holy Spirit is able to furnish you with knowledge, insights and understanding that is peculiar to your marriage so you can make it work.
The reception of this kind of knowledge is the intension of these prayers point for a successful marriage.
Pray and receive.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Intending Couples
Prayer Points For A Successful Marriage
The following are prayer points for a successful marriage you can pray and continue to pray over your home and marriage for increase and sustained life and love:
1. Pray first of all thanking God for guiding and directing you and your spouse to cross each other’s path that has resulted in marriage today, in Jesus name.
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. (Psalm 37:23, KJV)
2. Pray and ask the Lord to open your mind to see the uniqueness of your spouse so you can appreciate God in their lives, in Jesus name.
3. Pray and ask the Lord to give you special knowledge about your spouse so you will be able to create a culture of relationship and style of approach that fits his or her person, in Jesus name.
4. Ask the Lord to open your eyes to see the most sensitive part of your spouse that needs the most of attention at the moment, in Jesus name.
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered. (1 Peter 3:7, KJV)
5 Ask the Lord to help you see Him in your spouse, in Jesus name.
6. Pray and ask the Lord to cause you to always see the good in your spouse, to always see the blessedness in your spouse, in Jesus name.
So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. (Romans 12:5, KJV)
7. Ask Him to help you make the most of the good and blessedness that you have seen in your spouse, in Jesus name.
8. Pray and ask the Lord for grace to put up and manage the excesses (weaknesses) of your spouse, in Jesus name.
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you. (Ephesians 4:32, KJV)
9. Ask the Lord to help you to put His word, name and glory above your personal interest in the family and marriage, in Jesus name.
10. Pray and ask the Lord to give you grace to complement your spouse, grace to make up for their losses and weaknesses, in Jesus name.
11. Ask the Lord to make you a good support for your spouse, ask the Lord for divine wisdom to fill in and fill up that which is lacking by divine providence in your spouse, in Jesus name.
Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. (Galatians 6:2, KJV)
12. Declare that all your children shall be taught of the Lord and great shall be their peace, in Jesus name.
And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. (Isaiah 54:13, KJV)
13. Declare that peace and love are the atmosphere in your home, in the name of Jesus Christ.
The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace. (Psalm 29:11, KJV)
14. Pray and ask the Lord for grace that makes for forbearance, prompt remorse and forgiveness, in Jesus name.
15. Ask the Lord to help you tame anger, so you don’t destroy your home through bitterness and anger, in Jesus name.
16. Pray and ask the Lord to help you put a guide on your tongue so you don’t do and say unkind words that naturally destroys and rid the marriage of love and life, in Jesus name.
17. Declare that you have power and control over your emotions and over your attitudes, in the name of Jesus Christ.
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16, KJV)
18. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill your home with the divine presence, to keep the His love and peace running and ruling in your home, in Jesus name.
19. Ask the Lord to give the angel of your family charge to keep the home and marriage from demonic infestations, habits and attitudes, in Jesus name.
20. Pray again and ask the Lord to give the angel of your family charge for constant and abundant financial and material supply always, in Jesus name.
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19, KJV)
21. Pray and bind forces and strangers that Satan may be recruiting to send to destroy your marriage, in Jesus name.
22. Pray and ask the Lord to protect your marriage with the divine presence, in Jesus name.
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. (Psalm 91:4, KJV)
23. Declare that your marriage is for the glory of God, your home is a showpiece and representation of the love and life of God on earth in every way, in Jesus name.
This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise. (Isaiah 43:21, KJV)
Now, go ahead and thank God for answer to prayers, in Jesus name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Dating Couples
Nonetheless exhaustive, these prayer points for a successful marriage is intended to give you a head start in prayer.
And as you pray and yield, you can be sure that the Holy Spirit will step in to aid you in your prayers.
He may even inspire you with prayer points that are not on this list.
When that happens, throw yourself into the season and pray the inspired prayers like no man’s business.
Such inspired prayers are the real issues that needed to be attended to in your marriage, that’s why the Holy Spirit is giving them to you.
So take the time to pray them sufficiently and well.
But how will you say you have sufficiently pray prayers if you do not understand the place and power of praying in the spirit.
That will bring us to our last point.
To be able to sufficiently pray these prayer points for a successful marriage, you have got to learn to pray in the spirit wildly.
That way, you will be able to exhaust your prayers.
For when you pray in the spirit, you pray well, you pray sufficiently, you pray effectively, you pray satisfactorily and you exhaustively.
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. (Ephesians 6:18a, NIV)
God bless you.
All the best!