Here are prayer points for dating couples that you can use to pray.
To say it scriptural, dating is a time for two believers (male and female) to check out who they really are, what their likes and weaknesses are, so they can ascertain if they are good together in marriage or not.
It is a time to know one another.
At this stage in your relationship, the knowledge you gained of the other person will help inform your decision to marry or not, to prepare for a life together or not as the case may be.
But truth be told, a lot of people hide so much when dating and even when courting.
So how do you come to find out who the person you are dealing with really is?
Through revelation knowledge given by the Spirit of God.
Which comes most of the time as a result to prayer. (See Acts 1:24, KJV)
So if you are seeking to know the truth about the boy or girl you are dating, these prayer points for dating couples will help get the ball rolling.
Are you ready to know who you are with?
Let’s pray the truth out.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Intending Couples
Prayer Points For Dating Couples
The following are prayer points for dating couples you can pray to have the Holy Spirit open up the truth about the person you are with to you:
1. Pray and ask the Lord to examine your motives and attitudes, and that of your friend as far the date is concerned, in Jesus name.
2. Pray and ask the Lord to reveal to you the real intent and purposes of the heart of your Date, in Jesus name.
Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. (Hebrews 4:13, KJV)
3. Ask the Lord to show the end of the relationship, will it end in marriage or will it hit the rocks soonest, in Jesus name.
4. Pray and ask the Lord to reveal to you whether the relationship will make or mar you, will make or mar also your relationship with Him, in Jesus name.
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure. (Isaiah 46:10, KJV)
5. Pray and ask the Lord to open the spiritual life of your Date to you, so you know what is and what still needs to be done in the person, in Jesus name.
6. Pray and ask the Lord to furnish you with special knowledge of the past and even present of your Date, so may know if they are telling the truth about themselves or not, in Jesus name.
7. Pray and ask the Lord to show you things about your Date that you may never know otherwise, in Jesus name.
8. Ask the Lord to reveal you the real personality of your Date, in Jesus name.
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. (1 Corinthians 2:11, KJV)
9. Pray and ask the Lord to orchestrate circumstances and events that will make you to know the real person you’re dating, in Jesus name.
10. Pray and ask the Lord to always put the right words in your mouth to say on your dates, words that will make your Date tickle and talk, in Jesus name.
Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. (Colossians 4:6, KJV)
11. Declare that you are swift to hear and slow to speak, in Jesus name.
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath. (James 1:19, KJV)
12. Ask the Lord to send people your way and path to give you more information about your date, in Jesus name.
13. Ask the Lord to inspire His fear in your heart and that of your Date so you will not feed the lust of the flesh when you’re supposed to explore the soul of the persons, in Jesus name.
And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding. (Job 28:28, KJV)
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Family
14. Pray and declare that no matter how hard the Date tries, he and or she will not be able to hide actual truths you, in Jesus name.
15. Declare that you have understanding and insight from the Lord and that insight and understanding furnishes you with truth and facts about your Date, in Jesus name.
16. Pray and ask the Lord for increased awareness of your environment by the Spirit, in Jesus name
17. Pray for understanding and grace to manage and make the most out of your time with your Date, in Jesus name.
18. Pray and bind lying and deceiving spirits, in Jesus name
19. Pray and declare that you will not miss it any way or by any means at this season of your life, in Jesus name.
20. Pray and ask the Lord to help you stay in your senses and not be overturned by the relationship, in Jesus name.
21. Declare that the lust of the flesh will not rule over you but you over them, in Jesus name.
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. (Romans 6:12, KJV)
22. Pray and ask the Lord to give His angels charge over your going out, coming in, decision making and everything that borders on the relationship, in Jesus name’
23. Pray that God will help you make right choices and decisions as far as this relationship is concerned, that your decisions will all be informed of the Lord and of His Holy Word, in Jesus name.
Now, go ahead and thank God for answer to prayers, in Jesus name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For A Successful Marriage
Nonetheless exhaustive, these prayer points for dating couples will get you started in prayer.
You need pray them diligently and dutifully to see results.
You must not pretend to say you know your Date, no.
You don’t know him or her.
Now, what you make of your relationship and date today will determine your life, marriage, home and family tomorrow.
Yea, it takes faith to marry, but it is important you find out who the persons really are before you go further.
Lives and great destinies have been destroyed by many a woman because the preliminary steps of finding out who the persons really are were not done or adhere to.
You are certainly going to marry, but find out that your Date does not have spiritual, moral and mental carry overs, baggage and excesses that may be a thorn in the flesh tomorrow, so they can be dealt with now.
On a final note, it takes the Spirit to reveal the spirit, so you may have to engage in spirit-enabled prayer by praying in the spirit.
That way, you will be able to pray the truth into the open before you know whether you are moving on, going further or not with your Date.
Take spiritual responsibility for your choices.
God bless you.
All the best!