Here are prayer points for intending couples that you can use to pray.
Now that you have come this far, you have risen through the ranks of dating and now into the place of courtship and marriage, it’s time you face the facts and tell yourself the truth about life.
Do you want to go on and marry your man or woman?
Have you given consideration to the facts of pain, difficulty and sometimes frustrations that marriage brings?
If your answer is yes, then it’s time you finish up the stage through prayer.
You have got a lot to pray about as an intending couple, thank goodness that these prayer points for intending couples comes handy as a guide and an inspiration to your prayer. (See Philippians 4:6, KJV)
Ready to answer the call to prayer?
Ready to secure your future – marriage, life, career, and ministry and all.
Let us pray.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Dating Couples
Prayer Points For Intending Couples
The following is a list of prayer points for intending couples that you can promptly pray:
1. Pray and thank God first of all for orchestrating and arranging circumstances that made you paths to cross in the first place, in Jesus name.
2. Pray and ask the Lord to still show you anything in your partner that is not worthy of His name and praise, so it can be dealt with, in Jesus name.
3. Pray and carefully commit the journey of marriage that you intend going into unto God’s hand for safe landing in spite of rough sailing, in Jesus name.
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. (Psalm 37:5, KJV)
4. Pray and ask the Lord to help you with perfect knowledge and understanding of the person you are going into marriage with, so you be able to walk with them by knowledge, in Jesus name.
5. Declare that your thoughts and emotions will not suffocate the voice of God in the midst of your courtship, in Jesus name.
6. Declare that all you do and say on this journey of marriage will be only to the glory and praise of the worthy name of God, in Jesus name.
7. Pray that as you plan out your wedding and family, the wisdom of God will inspire your plans and desires, in Jesus name.
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5, KJV)
8. Pray for financial open doors, the rain of money upon you and your partner so that you will have in abundance to prosecute your desires and dream, in Jesus name.
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19, KJV)
9. Ask the Lord for a vision and mission for your union, so that your coming together as man and woman with be on divine purpose, in Jesus name.
10. Ask the Lord to knit your hearts together in love, unfeign and genuine love that no trouble or challenge can undo, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other. (Psalm 85:10, KJV)
11. Declare that your head and the head of your ‘would be,’ will be one that is anointed with fresh oil for success and breakthrough, in Jesus name.
12. Pray and ask the Lord to let His will and plan overrule your will, way and plan in your journey of life and marriage, in Jesus name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For A Successful Marriage
13. Pray that God’s wisdom and grace will abound in your home and will be entrenched deeply into the very fiber and foundations of the home, in Jesus name.
14. Declare that Jesus is Lord over your lives, home, work, dreams, visions and pursuits, in the name of Jesus.
15. Pray and ask the Lord to honor and protect you and your relationship with the divine presence, in Jesus name.
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. (Psalm 91:4, KJV)
16. Declare that you will not see evil, you will not know evil and that you will not bow to evil, in Jesus name.
17. Pray and ask the Lord to give the charge to His angels, ministering spirits to bring you to His place of rest in Christ and in life, in Jesus name.
Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. (Exodus 23:20, KJV)
18. Ask the Lord to supply you with plenty of grace for forbearance and forgiveness in spite of, in the name of Jesus Christ.
19. Pray and ask the Lord to make you quick at forgiving your partner no matter the hurt and provocation, in Jesus name.
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you. (Ephesians 4:32, KJV)
20. Declare that the fear of the Lord will rule your lives, home, trade, investment, calling and ministry, in Jesus name.
And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding. (Job 28:28, KJV)
21. Pray that as you build together, nothing will scatter it, no devil, no anger and no unkind word and insensitivity will undo what you will build together, in Jesus name.
22. Ask the Lord to bless the union with fruitfulness; fruitfulness of the body and of the mind, in Jesus name.
23. Pray and ask the Lord to bless your lives, livelihood and home with peace and prosperity, in Jesus name.
For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. (Psalm 84:11, KJV)
Now, go ahead and thank God for answer to prayers, in Jesus name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Family
Nonetheless exhaustive, these prayer points for intending couples are meant to give you a head start in prayer.
Of course also is that the prayers are not cast in iron and rods, you can do anything with them, rephrase them and even insert your name when applicable.
All that is important is the position of your heart – faith and confidence.
Without faith, it is impossible to please God, it is impossible to pray prayers that will catch the attention of heaven.
So make sure you faith is up, or rather get it up and running.
That’s the way to go, that’s the way of the spirit.
You may want to also pray these prayer points in the spirit, after all, praying in the spirit is the most spiritually advanced way to pray in the school of the spirit.
When you do, you are able to pray through, pray correctly, pray sufficient and pray well.
Plus, you are able to pray the very mind of God for the occasion.
So, if you really want to get the most out of these prayer points for intending couples, you will need to give yourself to praying them actively in the spirit.
That way, you will be able to get to the heart of the matter and evidently exhaust your prayers.
Pray always with all manner of prayer and supplication in the spirit. (Ephesians 6:18a, NIV)