Here are scriptural prayers for pastors and leaders you can use to pray.
God’s leaders and pastors are number one target of Satan.
‘Smite the Shepherd and the sheep will be scattered,’ the Scripture says. (See Zechariah 13:7, KJV)
That tells you something about pastors and leaders of God’s people: when they fall, many falls with them, when they loose it, a lot more people will loose it too.
That’s to tell you the power and influence their stand and testimonies have on the body of Christ,
Little did we wonder why the devil is up on his heel against them!
Would you like to see your pastor or leader go down in sin, sickness, deception, financial misappropriation, marriage, family and otherwise?
Your answer no doubt must be a big NO.
So that’s why you have got to pray for them.
Please pray for these people (pastors and leaders of God’s people) who all the time pray for people, but seldom have anybody pray for them.
Will you bridge the gap by taking on the prayer responsibility for your pastor and leaders today?
I believe you sure would.
READ ALSO: Spiritual Warfare Prayers For The Nations
Scriptural Prayers For Pastors And Leaders
The following are scriptural prayers for pastors and leaders you can pray for every pastor and leader in your church, ministry and even in the entire body of Christ:
Prayers For Their Ministries And Work
1. Pray first of all thanking God for calling and equipping them by His Spirit and power to lead His people, in Jesus name.
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. (James 1:17, KJV)
2. Pray and ask the Lord to help them to lead His Church to higher ground in faith, faithfulness, in wisdom and love, in Jesus name.
And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask help of the LORD: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD. (2 Chronicles 20:4, KJV)
3. Pray and ask the Lord to fill them with the Spirit of the Fear of the Lord so they may lead His Church in righteousness, in Jesus name.
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. (Proverbs 9:10, KJV)
4. Pray and ask the Lord to purify them with fire, so they may be worthy vessels of His kingdom, in Jesus name.
5. Pray and ask the Lord to cause the Spirit of Holiness to permeate and pervade their thoughts, words and actions so they can worthy messengers of the word of life, in Jesus name.
And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness. (Malachi 3:3, KJV)
6. Pray and ask the Lord to fill them with fresh fire and zeal for the kingdom of God, in Jesus name.
And he said, Come with me, and see my zeal for the LORD. So they made him ride in his chariot. (2 Kings 10:16, KJV)
7. Pray and ask the Lord to anoint them with the Spirit of boldness so they can stand up without fear or intimidation to defend God’s heritage – His people on earth, in Jesus name.
8. Pray and ask the Lord to put holy fire and righteous anger in their spirits so they can boldly speak up for what is righteous and openly rebuke iniquity, in Jesus name.
Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, hath turned my wrath away from the children of Israel, while he was zealous for my sake among them, that I consumed not the children of Israel in my jealousy. (Numbers 25:11, KJV)
9. Pray and ask the Lord to fill them with insights and understanding of His counsel in these last days, in Jesus name.
10. Pray and ask the Lord to give them fresh insights and revelation into His word and His manifold wisdom in these last days, in Jesus name.
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. (Colossians 1:9, KJV)
11. Pray and ask the Lord to fill them with discernment and understanding so they can be up-to-date with God’s timetable and program for His Church and also the world, in Jesus name.
And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment. (1Chronicles 12:32, KJV)
12. Pray and ask the Lord to anoint them afresh with fire and power like never before so they can advance God’s kingdom, pushing pack the hordes of darkness in these last days, in Jesus name.
But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin. (Micah 3:8, KJV)
13. Pray and ask the Lord to strengthen them with His power in their spirits, minds and even bodies, in Jesus name.
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. (Isaiah 40:29, KJV)
14. Pray and ask the Lord to open to them new doors of ministry, give them new frontier and territories to take and conquer for Him, in Jesus name.
Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ’s gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord… (2 Corinthians 2:12, KJV)
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Spiritual Warfare Prayers For Marriage
Prayers For Their Families
15. Pray and ask the Lord to keep their marriages and families together in one, in love and unity, in Jesus name.
That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ. (Colossians 2:2, KJV)
16. Pray and declare that Satan will not have the upper hand in the lives of their spouses and children, in the name of Jesus,
17. Pray and ask the Lord to give them wisdom to be able to manage their homes while at the same time managing God’s people and resources, in Jesus name.
18. Pray and ask the Lord to help them hold together the family and ministry that God has given them, so they can be good custodians of God’s heritage and blessings, in Jesus name.
19. Pray and ask that the Holy Spirit will fill them with wisdom and understanding to lead their homes in righteousness and in the fear of the Lord, in Jesus name.
Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established: And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches. (Proverbs 24:3-4, KJV)
20. Pray and ask the Lord to protect their marriages from destruction, deception and collapse, in Jesus name.
21. Declare that they and their children shall be for signs and for wonders in their time and generation, in Jesus name.
Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion. (Isaiah 8:18, KJV)
22. Declare that their children shall be taught of the Lord and great shall be their peace and prosperity, in Jesus name.
And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. (Isaiah 54:13, KJV)
23. Pray and ask the Lord to continue for them a dynasty of servants of God, children who will perpetuate and continue with the work of the ministry after them, in Jesus name.
Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel. (1 Kings 9:5, KJV)
Prayers For Their Protection
24. Pray and ask the Lord to deliver His servants from evil, to deliver them from physical assaults and onslaughts of Satan and his wicked men and women, in Jesus name.
And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. (2 Thessalonians 3:2, KJV)
25. Pray and ask the Lord to give His warrior angels the charge to protect and keep them in the field, at home, abroad and beyond, in Jesus name.
Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word. (Psalm 103:20, KJV)
25. Pray and ask the Lord to order their steps always in the paths of peace and of righteousness, in Jesus name.
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. (Psalm 37:23, KJV)
26. Pray and declare that the counsel of hell to kill them or bring them down in sickness and in disrepute shall never succeed against them, in Jesus name.
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 54:17, KJV)
27. Pray and ask the Lord to put His wall of fire around them in the day and in the night to protect them from the arrows of the wicked, in Jesus name.
28. Pray and ask the Lord to defend them with the divine presence always, in the name of Jesus Christ.
And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence. (Isaiah 4:5, KJV)
29. Pray also that God will defend and keep them all round, left, right and center with His favor, in the name of Jesus Christ.
For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield. (Psalm 5:12, KJV)
30. Pray and ask the Lord to make His power so evidenced in their lives in signs and wonders in every way and in all front, in Jesus name.
And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. (Acts 4:33, KJV)
31. Pray and ask the Lord to make His word a hammer and fire in their mouth, so they can break in pieces stubborn and resistant heart and to burn and put to flight the enemies and his allies, in Jesus name.
Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? (Jeremiah 23:29, KJV)
Now, go ahead and thank God for answer to prayers, in Jesus name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayers Against Stagnation And Backwardness
Nonetheless exhaustive, these scriptural prayers for pastors and leaders are sufficient enough to get you started in prayer.
And you can be sure that as you give yourself more readily to prayer, the Lord will come through for you and baptized you with the Spirit of grace and supplication so He can have the best of you in prayer.
At such time, He will come with inspired and custom-made prayer points that fit the particular need of your pastor and leader so you can readily pray His mind and will for them.
Now, to be able to get to this point in your prayer, you should have learned and mastered the practice of praying in the spirit wholly.
That’s because, praying in the spirit is your surest way to praying the mind of God for your pastors and leaders.
More so, it is only through praying in the spirit that you are able to pray well, pray sufficiently, pray satisfactorily and pray exhaustively at last.
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. (Ephesians 6:18a, NIV)
God bless you.
All the best!