Here are prayer points for unity in the church you can use to pray.
Do you want and desire real unity among believers of your local assembles and also of the entire body of Christ?
A lot of things can make that happen.
Foremost of them is your prayer and intercession for the church.
God wants His body to be one, united and be very formidable that Satan will not be able to touch the hinder part of it.
Yes, we may defer in doctrine and theological emphasis, but we are one and member of the body of Christ.
Unity in the church is so dear to God that Jesus had to pray in the 17th Chapter of the gospel of John, that God will make His entire body one in Him and in the Son. (See John 17:21, KJV)
It is that serious.
This is because it is in the churches’ oneness that the world will know the real true greatness, love and kindness of God.
Your part and my part today is to really seek the Lord in prayer for ways and how to have the body of Christ to really become one in practice.
Yes, the body is one in Christ right now, but it has to be in practice and in reality.
Prayer can help birth ideas and circumstances that may foster the unity of the church.
This is why you must not joke with these prayer points for unity in the church.
Ready to pray!
Let’s get started.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Revival Of The Church
Prayer Points For Unity In The Church
The following are prayer points for unity in the church you can readily pray:
1. Pray and thank God for oneness and unity of the faith He has planned, prayed and prepared for the Church, in Jesus name.
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. (John 17:21, KJV)
2. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to give His church gifts of men that are unity rally points, in Jesus name.
The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be. (Genesis 49:10, KJV)
3. Pray and ask the Lord to use you to inspire peace and unity in the body, in Jesus name.
Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. (Ephesians 4:3-6, KJV)
4. Pray and ask the Father to please answer the prayer of Jesus for unity and oneness among all who will believe on Him, in Jesus name.
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. (John 17:23, KJV)
5. Pray and ask the Lord to visit the church with the spirit of unity and oneness like He did the early church, in Jesus name.
6. Pray and declare that the body of Christ is coming into one in all things; that they speak with one voice, mission and purpose on earth, in Jesus name.
And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. (Acts 2:46, KJV)
7. Pray and declare that every attempt of hell to sabotage and discredit the Church will not stand, in Jesus name.
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (Matthew 16:18, KJV)
8. Pray and ask that Lord to send afresh His Spirit upon His body once again for He is the Spirit of oneness and unity, in Jesus name.
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. (Acts 2:1-4, KJV)
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Peace In The Family
9. Pray and come against devils from hell that are infesting the body of Christ with hate, pride, arrogance and factions that is almost the order of the day in the church now, in Jesus name.
10. Pray and ask the Lord to inspire in His body the message of the cross, the message of redemption in Christ, for it is only in Christ that the church can unite, in Jesus name.
For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. (1 Corinthians 1:22-24, KJV)
11. Pray and ask the Lord to dispatch His angels of peace and unity all over the world to gather His people into one, for grace, impact and for exploits, in Jesus name.
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. (Genesis 11:6, KJV)
12. Pray and arrest every demon from hell that is fighting the unity of the church, in Jesus name.
13. Pray and ask the Lord to inspire in the leaders of His body, the work of peace and unity, in Jesus name.
And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. (Isaiah 32:17, KJV)
14. Pray and ask the Lord to inspire in the leaders of His body, one goal, purpose, vision and calling that makes for oneness and unity, in Jesus name.
15. Pray and declare that it is well with the body of Christ all over the world, in Jesus name.
Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings. (Isaiah 3:10, KJV)
16. Pray and declare that the church is coming to maturity in Christ and unto the fullness of the measure of Christ, in Jesus name.
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ. (Ephesians 4:13, KJV)
17. Pray and declare that the truth and light of God’s word break upon the church again with one world vision – the evangelization of the world, in Jesus name.
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28:18-20, KJV)
Now, go ahead and begin to thank God for answer to prayers, in Jesus name.
READ ALSO: Scriptures To Cancel Bad Dreams
Nonetheless exhaustive, these prayer points for unity of the church are met to give you a head start as you pray.
The greatest strength of the Church is in her oneness and unity.
Without unity, it cannot stand the pressures of hell.
But with it, it can and will; it will even pull down the gates of the enemy.
That alone is a good reason to pray for the church.
Now, because you and I are limited when we pray in our mother tongue, we would ask that you take the time to pray these prayer points intensely in the spirit.
That way, you will be able to pray well, exhaustively and satisfactorily.
It is only when you pray in the spirit that you pray well, pray exhaustively and pray correctly.
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. (Ephesians 6:16a, NIV)
All the best!