Here are prayer points for revival of the church that you can use to pray.
If you want to see the church revived again, then you would need to really give your time to praying these prayers.
Better put; if you are hungry to see revival in your local assembly or you want revival to begin in your church, then you should start to pray now.
Believe it or not, no prayer, no revival; your knee, prayer is the birth place for every true and lasting revival.
So that tells you something; if you want to see revival in your church then you must commit to prayer, earnest, intense prayers.
And then when you are already on fire praying, then get others to join you, so that you can readily induce quick revival.
“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” (Matthew 18:19-20, NIV)
Now to help get you started, we have decided to put together these prayer points for revival of the church for quick reference.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Church Growth And Revival
Prayer Points For Revival Of The Church
The following are prayer points for revival of the church you can use to pray right away:
1. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to visit the church again with fire and power as He did in the early Church, in Jesus name.
“And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.” (Acts 2:1-4, KJV)
2. Pray and ask the Lord to send purifying fire on the church to burn up every dirt, filthiness and sins that are holding the church down from experiencing God’s power, in Jesus name.
“But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap: And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.” (Malachi 3:2-3, KJV)
3. Pray and ask the Lord to cleanse the Church afresh with the precious blood of Christ, in Jesus name.
“Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.” (Hebrews 10:22, KJV)
4. Pray and ask the Lord to purify and wash the church with the purifying power of the word of God again.
“That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word” (Ephesians 5:26, KJV)
5. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to inspire new zeal and commitment to the Lord in the church like never before, in Jesus name.
“And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.” (John 2:17, KJV)
6. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to baptize the Church afresh with the love of God, in Jesus name.
“And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.” (2 Thessalonians 3:5, KJV)
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Unity In The Church
7. Pray and ask the Lord to visit the church with power to heal the sick and cast out devils, in Jesus name.
“By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.” (Acts 4:30, KJV)
8. Pray and ask the Lord to visit the church with signs and wonders like He did in the early church, in the name of Jesus.
“And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon’s porch.” (Acts 5:12, KJV)
9. Pray and say; Oh Lord, cause us to have a renewed vision of the power of the name of Jesus Christ and of the Word of God like the early church had, in Jesus name.
“Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.” (Acts 4:10, KJV)
10. Pray and say; Oh Lord God of Hosts, baptize us with a fresh passion for prayer in power and fire and study of the word in truth and holiness, in Jesus name.
“For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the zeal of the LORD of hosts shall do this.” (Isaiah 37:32, KJV)
11. Pray and ask the Lord to fill the church with fresh passion and zeal for evangelism and soul winning, in Jesus name.
“And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.” (Mark 16:20, KJV)
12. Pray and say; Oh Lord, visit the Church with freshness of power to demonstrate God’s kingdom on the streets and in public places, in Jesus name.
“And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house, Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Acts 20:20-21. KJV)
13. Pray and ask the Lord to inspire new love in the heart of believers for the Lord, for people and for his work.
“And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.” (Romans 5:5, KJV)
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points On Revival With Bible Verses
14. Pray and ask the Lord to visit the church with the Spirit of boldness again to stand for the kingdom and declare His counsel.
“And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word.” (Acts 4:29, KJV)
15. Pray and ask the Lord to pour upon the church in full the spirit of Holiness, in Jesus name.
“And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.” (Romans 1:4, KJV)
16. Pray and ask the Lord to baptize the Church with the Spirit of the fear of the Lord, in the name of Jesus Christ.
“Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.” (Acts 9:31, KJV)
17. Pray and ask the Lord to restore to the Church the manifestation of all the gifts of the Spirit in purity and holiness.
“Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.” (1 Timothy 4:12, KJV)
18. Pray and ask the Lord to strengthen and give the leaders of the Body of Christ with fresh insights and revelation into the very fundamentals of the kingdom, in Jesus name.
“Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.” (Psalm 119:18, KJV)
19. Ask the Lord also to raise new leaders with fresh fire, passion and vision of the Christ and His kingdom, in Jesus name.
“In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old. (Amos 9:11, KJV)
Now, go ahead and begin to thank God for answer to prayers, in Jesus name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Divine Intervention With Bible Verses
Nonetheless exhaustive, these prayer points for revival of the church will help get you started and headed the right direction as you pray.
More so, these prayer points are focused and bible based which then guarantees answers from God.
We know that God is not obligated to just answer prayers, but He is obligated and faithful to His word. So when prayers based on His word are offered to Him, He will surely reply with amazing answers.
So be sure that these prayer points for revival of the church will catch the attention of heaven and therefore will deliver definite results.
Plus, we think that to really get these prayer points right and pray them well, you may want to pray them intensely in the spirit.
That way, you can be sure that you would have fully exhaustive these prayer points for revival of the church with all earnestness, assurance and great satisfaction.
And when you know that you have fully and really prayed, and then you can go ahead and be thanking God, rest assured that the answers are on the way.
What’s more; why not go ahead and pray these prayer points for revival of the church right away and now.
God bless you!