Here are prayer points for mission and evangelism you can use to pray.
Experience has shown that effective mission and fruitful evangelism is a direct result of prayer and the leadership of the Spirit of God.
All you need to do to see this is to read through mission and evangelism activities of the early church recorded in the book of Acts.
You may not have lasting success in mission and evangelism unless you have seeded the soil well enough in the place of prayer.
And it is not just prayer at it were; it is the right kind of prayers.
This is where prayer points for mission and evangelism comes in.
Now to help you get started, we have put together, relevant prayers points that will help you touch almost every area of need as it borders on mission and evangelism.
Let’s get to it.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Pastors And Leaders
Prayer Points For Mission And Evangelism
The following are prayer points for mission and evangelism you can pray right away:
1. Pray and say; Father, thank you for the ripened harvest fields of the world, for the earth is yours and the people in it, in Jesus name.
The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it. (Psalm 24:1, NIV)
2. Pray and ask the Lord of the harvest to send forth seasoned laborers into the harvest fields, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. (Luke 10:2, KJV)
3. Pray and ask the Lord to give divine and direct guidance by the Holy Spirit to the laborers as far as the fields are concerned, in Jesus name.
And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness. (Luke 4:1, KJV)
Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia. (Acts 16:6, KJV)
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Pastors With Scriptures
4. Pray and ask the Lord to open the door of cities, communities and villages to his laborers by opening the hearts of at least one person to initially receive them, in Jesus name.
And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul. (Acts 16:14, KJV)
5. Pray and ask the Lord to confirm the word of His servants with signs and wonders and miracles by the Holy Spirit, in Jesus name.
For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. (Romans 15:18-19, KJV)
6. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to heavily anoint His servants on the fields with so much power and boldness to declare the word in spite of danger and resistance, in Jesus name.
Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him, And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord? (Acts 13:9-10, KJV)
7. Pray and ask the Lord to protect His laborer from every harm and power of the devil, particularly witchcraft and the occult, in Jesus name.
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (Luke 10:19, KJV)
8. Pray and ask the Lord to open the hearts of the leaders and rulers of the communities and cities to the gospel, in Jesus name.
Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few. (Acts 17:12, KJV)
9. Pray and ask the Lord to send mighty wave of revival and the rain of the Spirit on the mission fields, in Jesus name.
And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified. And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds. Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver. So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed. (Act 19:17-20, KJV)
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Evangelism
10. Pray and declare that no weapon formed or fashioned in the day or in the night against any of His worker shall prosper, in Jesus name.
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 54:17, KJV)
11. Pray and ask the Lord to give His laborers divine strategies and wisdom to tactically take the cities and communities for the Lord, in Jesus name.
And ye shall compass the city, all ye men of war, and go round about the city once. Thus shalt thou do six days. And seven priests shall bear before the ark seven trumpets of rams’ horns: and the seventh day ye shall compass the city seven times, and the priests shall blow with the trumpets. And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with the ram’s horn, and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him. (Joshua 6:3-5, KJV)
12. Pray and ask the Lord to grant multiplied and increase grace to His laborers so they can bear up under any hardship, stress and difficulties on the field and that they will not die, in Jesus name.
For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life: But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us. (2 Corinthians 1:8-10, KJV)
READ ALSO: Psalm 91 Prayer Points
13. Pray and ask the Lord to open doors of constant financial supply and support for His missionaries on the field, in the name of Jesus Christ.
But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. (Philippians 4:18)
14. Pray and ask the Lord to even raise help, financial and otherwise for his laborers from among the harvests (fruits) of the fields, in the name of Jesus.
And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us. (Acts 16:15, KJV)
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Pastors Wives
15. Pray and ask the Lord to open the peoples’ heart so they will be receptive to the gospel, leading to many genuine conversions of souls, in Jesus name.
And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few. (Acts 17:4, KJV)
16. Pray and ask the Lord to lead the way and show the way in every aspect of the mission and evangelism, in Jesus name.
So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus. (Acts 13:4, KJV)
17. Pray and ask the Lord to grant grace and support for the families of the laborers whether at home or with them in the field, in the name of Jesus Christ.
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man. (Ephesians 3:16, KJV)
Now, go ahead and thank the Lord for answers to prayer.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Salvation Of Souls
There’s so much to cover when praying for mission and evangelism, but these few prayer points for mission and evangelism are just intended to give you a head start.
Then as you yield to the Spirit and give yourself to prayers, the Holy Spirit will inspire you to specifically pray over specific fields, areas, regions and even laborers.
You can always trust the Lord to inspire you with fresh new prayer points as you yield to Him.
Now in conclusion, we would ask that you also pray these prayer points for mission and evangelism in the spirit, that way, you are able to cross the T’s and dot the I’s, then also you will be able to say with full assurance that you have prayed well.
All the best!
Our Most Popular Content
- 13 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For The Church
- 26 Great Opening Prayer Points For Church Service
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Family (With Bible Verses)
- 23 Scriptural Prayer Points For Mercy (With Bible Verses)
- 43 Strong Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points With Scriptures
- 23 Strong Prayer Points For Breakthrough (With Bible Verses)
- 17 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For Sunday Service
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Restoration (With Bible Verses)
- 31 Earnest Prayer Points For Beginning Of A New Month
- 17 Strong Prayer Points For Church Growth And Revival