Here are prayer points for pastors with scriptures you can use to pray.
Every pastor needs prayers just as much as every member of the church.
Pastors are at the forefront of God’s onslaught against the kingdom of darkness, as such are faced with more danger than any other believer.
Very often, you hear of pastors who are jailed or persecuted for the course of the gospel and a lot of them ends up being killed.
Why is that?
It is because when you kill the pastor who is the leader of the work, the members who are the sheep will scatter and the work will be halted.
Apart from persecution, the pastors family is Satan’s prime target for destruction; ‘afflict and destroy his family if we cannot destroy him, that way we will be able to distract him if not completely frustrate his love for God,’ Satan often muses.
This is why pastors really need your prayers.
And that’s why we have put together prayer points for pastors with scriptures so you can have something at hand to pray for your pastor.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Pastors Wives
Prayer Points For Pastors With Scriptures
The following are prayer points for pastors with Scripture that you can readily use to pray for your pastor, associates and other leaders.
1. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to heavily anoint him with power to demonstrate the kingdom of God, in Jesus name.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. (Psalm 23:5b, NIV)
2. Pray and ask the Lord to anoint him with the Spirit of wisdom to be able to lead God’s people aright and to champion God’s course for the congregation, in Jesus name.
And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had laid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel hearkened unto him, and did as the LORD commanded Moses. (Deuteronomy 34:9, KJV)
3. Pray and ask the Lord to anoint him with the spirit of excellence to deliver worthy, notable and proven results in the kingdom, in Jesus name.
I have even heard of thee, that the spirit of the gods is in thee, and that light and understanding and excellent wisdom is found in thee. (Daniel 5:14, KJV)
4. Pray and ask the Lord to grant him deep insights into the scriptures so that he will become intelligent in handling God’s word, in Jesus name.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15, KJV)
5. Pray that the supernatural will be at work in his life and that the Holy Ghost will readily show forth His power, might and ministry through him, in Jesus name.
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. (1 Corinthians 12:7, KJV)
6. Pray and ask the Lord to anoint him with understanding and to open to him strategies that he can use to get God’s work done in his area of calling, in Jesus name.
Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established: (Proverbs 24:3, KJV)
7. Pray and ask the Lord to grant him grace to be patient, stable and humble to fulfill his ministry, running the race to the end in his efforts to build God’s kingdom among people, in Jesus name. Ask that the Lord will keep him from falling, in Jesus name.
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, (Jude 1:24, KJV)
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Spiritual Hunger
8. Pray and declare that his ministry will have accompanying signs, wonders, demonstrations of the Holy Ghost and power on a daily basis, in Jesus name.
For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. (1 Corinthians 4:20, KJV)
9. Pray and ask the Lord to grant him refinement in the discerning of spirits to know the intent of people’s hearts so he will fall for their deception and be ensnared by their evil scheme, in Jesus name.
Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. (Hebrews 4:13, KJV)
10. Pray and ask the Lord to deliver him from unreasonable-faithless wicked men and women who are bent on evil so they will not take advantage of him, in Jesus name.
And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. (2 Thessalonians 3:2, KJV)
11. Pray and ask the Lord to help him operate in the gifts of the Holy Spirit with purity for the good and advancement of the kingdom of God, in Jesus name.
Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD. (Isaiah 52:11, KJV)
12. Pray and ask the Lord to help him develop in the fruits of the spirit in all things and in every way, in Jesus name.
Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also. (2 Corinthians 8:7, KJV)
13. Pray and ask God’s protection and security upon him as he travels, going about kingdom business all over the world, in Jesus name.
For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. (Isaiah 55:12, KJV)
14. Pray and ask God’s protection and security upon his family; wife and children, in Jesus name.
When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. (Proverbs 3:24, KJV)
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Outpouring Of The Holy Spirit
15. Pray and ask for real strength, help and support for the wife or husband so he or she will be able to stand by their spouse, in Jesus name.
Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees. (Isaiah 35:3, KJV)
16. Pray and ask that the Lord will look after his children and cause them to grow in the nurture and fear of the Lord, in Jesus name.
And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. (Isaiah 54:13, KJV)
17. Pray and ask the Lord to help him to be able to teach God’s people, bringing into maturity and unto perfection in every way, in Jesus name.
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ. (Ephesians 4:11, KJV)
18. Pray and ask the Lord to give him real heart for the work and love for His people so he can shepherd them with great care and responsibility, knowing that unto the Lord he will give account, in Jesus name
The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God. (2 Samuel 23:3, KJV)
19. Pray and ask the Lord to bless him and his family with the gift of men and women (human resources) so he will be able to really advance the work, in Jesus name.
The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it. (Psalm 68:11, KJV)
20. Pray and ask the Lord also to raise financial help and support for him and family for the sake of the work, in Jesus name.
And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance. (Luke 8:3, KJV)
21. Pray and ask the Lord to bless every of his efforts in the kingdom and to crown them with success so that his joy may be full, in Jesus name. Ask the Lord to prosper his work with fruits, abiding fruits, in Jesus name.
And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, and in the law, and in the commandments, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart, and prospered. (2 Chronicles 31:21, KJV)
22. Pray and ask the Lord to bless him financially, grant him financial and material prosperity, in Jesus name.
The Lord has blessed my master abundantly, and he has become wealthy. He has given him sheep and cattle, silver and gold, male and female servants, and camels and donkeys. (Genesis 24:35, NIV)
23. Pray and ask the Lord to sustain him with life and divine health so he can stay strong in mind and body doing the work, in Jesus name.
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. (3 John 1:2, KJV)
Now, go ahead and thank the Lord for answer to prayers, in Jesus name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Pastors And Leaders
Nonetheless, exhaustive, these prayer points for pastors with scriptures are intended to give you a head start praying for your pastors.
They are sound and scriptural, so you can be sure in praying them, you will be praying the very mind of God for your pastor.
Plus, these prayer points for pastors with scriptures are inspired, given by the Holy Spirit, that way you, you can be sure that God is in it.
Pray them in faith, believing, and you can be sure that they will deliver the goods.
Hey, now is the time to take spiritually responsibility for your pastors so they can become all that God has called them to be.
And never forget this; like pastor like members; the success and spiritual state of your pastor determines your success and spiritual state too.
That’s by the way! …. And sorry for the little digression!
Now, to help you really pray these prayer points for pastors with scriptures well, we would ask that you pray them more and intensely in the spirit.
That way, you will be able to beat your chest with great confidence and assurance that you have prayed well.
All the best!
Our Most Popular Content
- 23 Scriptural Prayer Points For Mercy (With Bible Verses)
- 17 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For Sunday Service
- 26 Great Opening Prayer Points For Church Service
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Family (With Bible Verses)
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Restoration (With Bible Verses)
- 31 Earnest Prayer Points For Beginning Of A New Month
- 13 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For The Church
- 43 Strong Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points With Scriptures
- 17 Strong Prayer Points For Church Growth And Revival
- 23 Strong Prayer Points For Breakthrough (With Bible Verses)