Here are prayer points for pastors and leaders you can use to pray.
Believe it or not, pastors and leaders need prayers just like every other individual member of the body of Christ.
In short, they even need more prayer than you and me because ‘if you strike the shepherd, the sheep will scatter,’ the Bible says.
God always sets up leaders and pastors to champion and herald His course, which puts serious responsibilities on them.
So they need to be held up in prayer, real intercession all the time so that they will not miss it, fall, fail or falter.
This is where prayer points for pastors and leaders come handy.
And this is why we have put together these prayer points for pastors and leaders for you to help you get started and going as you seek to pray for your pastors and leaders.
Now, let’s get to it.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Mission And Evangelism
Prayer Points For Pastors And Leaders
The following are prayer points for pastors and leaders you can pray right away:
1. Pray and thank God for the gifts of pastors and leaders He has ordained and given to the church, in Jesus name.
So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers. (Ephesians 4:11, NIV)
2. Pray and ask the Lord to help every pastor and leader to follow after God’s own heart, in Jesus name.
And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. (Acts 13:22, KJV)
3. Pray and ask the Lord to anoint them with the spirit of wisdom and leadership, in Jesus name.
And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had laid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel hearkened unto him, and did as the LORD commanded Moses. (Deuteronomy 34:9, KJV)
4. Pray and ask the Lord to help them to rule and lead His people in the fear of the Lord, in Jesus name.
The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God. (2 Samuel 23:3, KJV)
5. Pray and ask the Lord to anoint them with the sevenfold spirits of God, in Jesus name.
And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD. (Isaiah 11:2, KJV)
6. Pray and ask the Lord to uphold them with His right hand of righteousness that they may not fall for sin and temptation, in Jesus name.
For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling. (Psalm 116:8, KJV)
7. Pray and ask the Lord to grant them revelation knowledge and insight into the word that they may rightly divide the word of truth, in Jesus name.
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him. (Ephesians 1:17, KJV)
READ ALSO: Repentance Prayer Points
8. Pray and ask the Lord to grant them utterance and the boldness to declare His counsel and mind at all times and in all things, in Jesus name.
And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel. (Ephesians 6:19, KJV)
9. Pray and ask the Lord to help them to live worthy and holy lives that is pleasing to the Father, in Jesus name.
That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God. (Colossians 1:10, KJV)
10. Pray and ask the Lord to fill them with the spirit of excellence for all so they will not make mistakes in anything, in Jesus name.
That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. (Philippians 1:10, KJV)
11. Pray and ask the Lord to help them yield to the Holy Spirit in all things and at all times, in Jesus name.
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16, KJV)
12. Pray and ask the Lord to help them develop and grow in the fruits of the spirit, in the name of Jesus.
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 1:5-8, KJV)
13. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to baptize them with divine love for His people, love that will make them not to hurt any of God’s children, in Jesus name.
For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead. (2 Corinthians 5:14, KJV)
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Youth
14. Pray and ask the Lord to help them develop their calling to the full and to also help them fulfill it in the long run, in Jesus name.
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. (2 Peter 3:18, KJV)
15. Pray and ask the Lord to protect their families; wives and children from all forms of satanic attack and harm, in Jesus name.
Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. (Job 1:10, KJV)
16. Pray and ask the Lord to protect and keep their marriages and homes from breaking apart or divorce, in Jesus name.
For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart. If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do? (Psalm 11:2-3, KJV)
17. Pray that ask the Lord to help their children grow up in the fear and nurture of the Lord, so that they will not live lives that dishonor and bring shame to God but will lives that are worthy of the kingdom of God, in Jesus name.
And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. (Isaiah 54:13, KJV)
18. Pray and ask the Lord to grant them real inner strength by the Holy Spirit to hold still to the end, in Jesus name.
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man. (Ephesians 3:16, KJV)
19. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to help them not to fall by the way side, not to give in to pressure and lose their ministries; but that they will fulfill their ministries and callings, in Jesus name.
And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it. (Colossians 4:17, KJV)
Now, go ahead and thank the Lord for answers to prayer, in Jesus name.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Salvation Of Souls
Nonetheless exhaustive, these prayer points for pastor and leaders will give you a head start in praying for your pastors and leaders.
They are bible based and taken directly from scriptures; that way, you can be sure that you are praying God’s mind for your pastors and leaders.
Now, to round up these prayer points for pastors and leaders, we would ask that you pray them fervently and also more in the spirit.
When you do, then you will be able to say with all confidence and real assurance that you have prayed them well.
“The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” (James 5:16b, KJV)
All the best!