Here are repentance prayer points you can use to pray.
God is a loving Father; no matter what you have done and no matter how bad and evil it is, all He needs you to do to get back in relationship and in loving fellowship with Him is to repent.
Just repent and turn your back on that sin or evil and then communicate your repentance to Him in an attitude that befits true change and genuine repentance.
Be broken, humble yourself before God and sorrow in a godly way and then He will forgive you.
Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. (2 Corinthians 7:10, NIV)
It is that simple.
Well, to help you get started and headed the right direction; we have put together these repentance prayer points.
With them you can sufficiently communicate the state and attitude of your heart to God in repentance.
But first off, before you pray these repentance prayer points, you should first and foremost go ahead and confess that sin to and before the Lord.
READ ALSO: Psalm 91 Prayer Points
Repentance Prayer Points
The following are deep and genuine repentance prayer points you can pray right away to effectively communicate your state of mind and attitude to God:
1. Father, I want to thank you for you are good and your mercy endures forever.
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever. (1 Chronicles 16:34, KJV)
2. Father, your word declare that no one who covers his sins shall prosper, now Lord, I come to you in openness, confessing my sin and asking for your mercy and forgiveness, in Jesus name.
Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy. (Proverbs 28:13, NIV)
3. Lord, in humility I ask that you have mercy upon me and forgive my sin, in Jesus name.
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. (James 4:6, KJV)
4. Pray and say, Father, have mercy upon me according to your loving kindness, in Jesus name
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. (Psalm 30:5, KJV)
5. Pray and say, Father, have mercy upon me and according to the multitude of your tender mercies blot out my transgressions, in Jesus name.
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. (Psalm 51:1-2, KJV)
6. Father, look upon the blood of Christ and have mercy upon me, in Jesus name.
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross. (Colossians 2:14, KJV)
7. Father, you know my frame, you know I am but dust, please forgive me for this knowledge sake, in Jesus name.
For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. (Psalm 103:14, KJV)
8. Oh Lord my Father, have mercy upon me and take the guilt of this sin away from me, in Jesus name.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. (Psalm 51:7, KJV)
9. Father, I know you resist the proud and give grace to the humble, please give me grace to get up and go from here with the consciousness that my sin has been forgiven, in Jesus name.
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. (Romans 3:24, KJV)
10. Father, though I am not worthy anymore to be called your son, but for the sake of Christ and His cross, forgive me and restore me back to son-ship with you, in Jesus name.
And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. (Luke 15:21, KJV)
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Pastors And Leaders
11. Lord, like Samson of old, I pray that you forgive me and let my hair (my strength, come back again) begin to grow again, in Jesus name.
Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven. (Judges 16:22, KJV)
12. Father, I pray that you cast me not away forever from your presence but restore to me the joy of salvation, in Jesus name.
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. (Psalm 51:11-12, KJV)
13. Oh Lord, I am sorry, I am truly sorry, please forgive and restore me Lord, in Jesus name.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. (Psalm 51:17, KJV)
14. Oh Lord, turn away your anger from me and deliver me from the afflictions and pains that have come upon me because of sin, in Jesus name.
Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted. Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat; and they draw near unto the gates of death. Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses. He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. (Psalm 107:17-20, KJV)
15. Oh Lord my Father, deliver me from the hand of the tormentors and let the oppression stop because of sin, in Jesus name.
And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. (Matthew 18:34, KJV)
16. Lord, I pray and renew my commitment to Christ that I will never again go in the way of Cain and in the way and error of Balaam, in Jesus name.
Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. (Jude 1:11, KJV)
17. Oh Lord, save me and let not iniquity prevail over me that I may not be a stench and a shame to your kingdom, in Jesus name.
I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. (Psalm 32:5, KJV)
18. Oh Lord my Father, let not my enemy prevail over me, let not your adversary have the upper hand in my life, in Jesus name.
Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. (Psalm 25:1, KJV)
Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope. Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually. (Psalm 119:116-117, KJV)
19. Oh Lord my Father, lift me once more by your mercy and set my feet on a solid rock where I will fail and fall again, in Jesus name.
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. (Psalm 40:2, KJV)
Now, go ahead and thank God for answer to prayers, in Jesus name.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Salvation Of Souls
Nonetheless exhaustive these repentance prayer points will give you a head start in prayer as you turn to God with a broken and contrite heart and attitude.
Now, to be effective in these prayers, you may need to separate yourself and afflict your soul with fasting.
Depending on the magnitude of the sin, you may also need to take a position, a physical disposition like lying down with your face to the ground, kneeling down – a position that keeps you humble and that also communicates the state of your heart.
Above all, in praying these repentance prayers points, you must be truly broken, sorry and contrite, that’s the only attitude that will get you to where God will readily answer you and then cleanse you with His blood again.
Plus, you have to pray these prayer points in faith, seeing that without faith you can never get anywhere with God.
And you know what, the moment you have prayed in faith and with the right attitude, you will soon touch God and be off your feet and face knowing full well that God has forgiven you and that you have obtain mercy.
You will know when you have prayed and broken through and have been restored; the assurance and joy of the Holy Spirit will come back to your spirit and literally overwhelms you.
Cry if you like when this happens, laugh, jump and shout for joy when it happens, take it in for good measure and have your fill of His love and embrace again.
All the best!