Here are prayer points for breaking generational curses with scriptures that you can use to pray.
But God’s power to break them is also very real, even more real.
Now, scriptures make it clear that Jesus had borne curses and the penalty of every curse on the cross for you, to the end that you may be released from curses. (See Galatians 3:13, KJV)
Thus, the sacrifice of Christ on the cross is God’s provision, sufficient enough for release from every curse.
Now, if you believe that, then you are half way on your way of release from every curse in your family.
Yes, no matter the curse, no matter who pronounced the curse on your family, God has done something in Christ for your release.
All you need do now is to activate your release through faith and prayer.
That’s where these prayer points for breaking of generational curses with scriptures come handy.
Are you ready to pray for your release from generational curses?
Let’s do it.
READ ALSO: 40+ Prayer Points Against Family Curses
Prayer points For Breaking Generational Curses With Scriptures
The following are prayer points for breaking generational curses with scriptures you can pray over yourself, family, children, land, marriage and more.
1. Pray first of all and say: Father, thank you for the provision you made in Christ for my release from every curse, individual and generational, in Jesus name.
Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son. (Colossians 1:12-23, KJV)
2. Father, I confessed and repent in the behalf of my family of every sin and iniquity that may have provoked the curse to come on the family, in Jesus name.
3. Lord, I pray that you look upon me and my family in your mercy and forgive us, Lord, in Jesus name.
(See Nehemiah 1, KJV)
4. Father, I present my request on the platter of the blood of Christ, the sacrifice you will never despise, look upon the blood of Christ and have mercy Lord, in Jesus name.
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14, KJV)
5. Father, let you mercy reach out and down to even my fathers, grandparents, great grandparents and everyone that makes up the family line, and expunge us of every sin, atrocity and iniquity, in Jesus name.
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God (Romans 3:25, KJV)
6. Father, forgive my family and pardon us in your mercy for the sin of idolatry, in Jesus name.
7. Oh Lord, let the blood of Christ prevail over judgment and curse that came on the family from the worship of idol, in Jesus name.
See (Jeremiah 25, KJV)
8. Father, please destroy every foundation built on sacrifices of animals and even human blood to idols in my family, in Jesus name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Scriptures Against Delay And Stagnation
9. Oh Lord, let every altar, known and unknown that existed in the family for the worship of idols be consumed by fire, in Jesus name.
10. Father, please let every voice, incantation and pronouncements that form the covenant upon the altars be drown by the blood of Jesus Christ, in Jesus name.
11. Yes, let every of such covenant become null and void by the power of the blood of Christ, in Jesus name.
12. Father, let every physical object that serves as a token of the evil covenant on the altar lose their power by fire, in Jesus name.
But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. (Matthew 15:13, KJV)
13. And now, I bind by the power of the blood of Christ and His name, every demon that works to give life and power to the altar and covenant, in Jesus name.
14. I break by the power of the blood of Christ now every curse and covenant that have been keeping the family in bondage and in darkness, in Jesus name.
Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (Matthew 18:18, KJV)
15. I declare that I and my family are free from the curse now, in Jesus name.
16. I proclaim our release from the curse, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you. (Numbers 14:28, KJV)
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Breaking Stubborn Curses
17. Now, Lord, let your light and love pervade the family, giving it new life in Christ, in Jesus name.
18. I declare that the family is now Jesus’ Christ the anointed and His shed blood henceforth, in Jesus’ name.
19. Lord, I pray and bind the ancestral demon god of the family and cast it out now, in Jesus name. Ancestral demon, desist from your operation over the family, in Jesus name.
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils. (Mark 16:17, KJV)
20. Oh Lord, give the family a holy angel in the place of the ancestral demon god that has been displaced now, in Jesus name.
21. Yes Father, give release and power to the angel of the family, let him get to work and begin to manage and administer the affairs of the family before your presence, in Jesus name.
For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee. (Luke 4:10, KJV)
22. Oh Lord, please let every member of the family be completely free and release from the influence and deception of the dethroned ancestral demon god, in the name of Jesus Christ.
No man can enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house. (Mark 3:27, KJV)
23. Oh Lord, raise for yourself an altar of righteousness in this family, in Jesus name.
24. Raise for yourself a foundation of righteousness and holiness, in Jesus name.
25. I declare and proclaim the Lordship of Jesus over the family, over every affairs of the family, spiritual, socio, economic and otherwise, in Jesus name.
26. I pray and ask Lord that you have mercy on every seed, child, grandchild and great grand of the family, in Jesus name.
Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt. (Psalm 123:3, KJV)
27. Oh Lord, let every child, male, female be sanctified by the cleansing blood of Christ, in Jesus name.
28. I declare that every child of the family becomes a godly seed from henceforth, in Jesus name.
And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth. (Malachi 2:15, KJV)
29. I pray and sanctify every marriage, husband and wife in the lineage, I receive a cleansing for them by the blood of Christ from their foundation, in Jesus name.
30. The evil and curses of the families of the daughters that have married into the family will not prevail over the righteous foundation of Christ and His blood now laid in the family, in Jesus name.
31. Oh righteous Father, breathe upon the family, breath of life and create for us a new breed of servants of righteousness and eternal life, in Jesus name.
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. (Romans 7:6, KJV)
Now, go ahead and begin to thank God for answer to prayers, in Jesus name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Intercessory Prayer Points For Family
Nonetheless exhaustive, these prayer points for breaking generational curses with scriptures are meant to help you get started in prayer.
And as you get on the spirit of prayer and yield to the Lord, the Holy Spirit will lead you on and take you on to places in the realm of the spirit where you will be able to pray Spirit inspired, target prayers – prayers that are custom-made to you and your family need for the breaking of generational curses.
But it all begins with you giving yourself to praying these prayer points in faith.
Lastly, we would encourage you to not only pray these prayer points in understanding but much more in the spirit.
That way, you will be able to pray the mind of God and His perfect will for yourself and family. (See Romans 8:26-27, NIV)
Plus, you will be able to pray effectively, satisfactorily, sufficiently, well and exhaustively.
That and many more are what you get when you give yourself to praying in the Holy Spirit.
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. (Ephesians 6:18a, NIV)
All the best!
God bless you!
Our Most Popular Content
- 13 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For The Church
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Restoration (With Bible Verses)
- 17 Strong Prayer Points For Church Growth And Revival
- 17 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For Sunday Service
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Family (With Bible Verses)
- 23 Strong Prayer Points For Breakthrough (With Bible Verses)
- 23 Scriptural Prayer Points For Mercy (With Bible Verses)
- 31 Earnest Prayer Points For Beginning Of A New Month
- 43 Strong Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points With Scriptures
- 26 Great Opening Prayer Points For Church Service