Here’s a list of about 40 prayer points against family curses that you can use to pray.
Curses are real, family curses are real and tangible, but more real also is the power of the blood of Christ to destroy them.
If your family is showing traces of a curse or curses, don’t fret, you can change the course of the family if you take the time to find out what God has done in Christ about curses and then take the time more so to pray and effect the change in your family.
It’s that simple.
Curses are never permanent, they can be reverted.
The only somewhat permanent curse is the curse from God. But when a person under God’s curse repents, God will forgive and revert the curse also.
So, there are really no incurable cases or irreversible curses as it were.
Let’s now walk together on these 40 prayer points against family curses, praying as we go.
READ ALSO: Night Prayer Points For Family Protection
40 Prayer Points Against Family Curses
The following is a list of about 40 prayer points against family curses that you can pray right now to avert, cancel and reverse any curse that may have blighted the rising, glory and greatness of your family.
Now, we have to break the prayer points into categories for ease of reference.
Prayer Points For Confession Of Sin and Repentance
1. Pray and ask the Lord to have mercy on your family, in Jesus name.
O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. (Psalm 107:1, KJV)
2. Confess every known sin of the family asking the Lord to have mercy for the sake of the blood of Christ, in Jesus name.
3. Look into the family for a pattern in the area of sin (idolatry, incest, falsehood, rebellion etc), identify with the pattern, assume the sin as if you are the one and only one that have committed them and then ask God to forgive you and the family, in Jesus name.
Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. (Psalm 51:4, KJV)
4. Ask the Lord to have compassion and forgive completely the sins of the past of every member of your family for the sake of the blood of Christ, in Jesus name.
5. Now, ask the Lord to also forgive the sins of the present, in Jesus name.
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. (Romans 3:24-26, KJV)
6. Ask the Lord to wash thoroughly by the blood of Christ the family, its call and purpose in the agenda and plan of God on earth, in Jesus name.
7. Pray and demand that evil and corruption leave your family for life and for good now, in Jesus name.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. (Psalm 51:7-8, KJV)
Prayer Points To Break The Curses
8. Lord, by the blood of Jesus Christ, I break every curse that has been destroying my family for these many decades and centuries, in Jesus name.
9. Father, I plead the blood of Jesus and bring it as a deterrent to the effect of curses in my family, in Jesus name.
But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. (Matthew 15:13, KJV)
10. Lord, I break and destroy every altar, word, pronouncement or statement that is the power and spirit driving and operating the curse, in Jesus name.
11. Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, I nullify by the power of the Lambs blood every effect, traces and resemblance of curses in the family, in Jesus name.
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross. (Colossians 2:14, KJV)
Prayer Points Of Exercise of Authority Over Curses And Its Power
12. I bind the force, the evil spirit that is working the curse in my family, in Jesus name.
13. Through the power of the matchless name of Jesus Christ, I bind and keep in chains the terrible demons that are enforcing the curse in the family, in Jesus name.
14. Satan, I demand that you go and desist from your operation over and in my family, in Jesus name.
Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (Matthew 18:18, KJV)
15. I command the dark shadows that the curse has put over my family to be lifted by fire, in Jesus name.
Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. (Psalm 24:7, KJV)
16. Father, send your light, let your light breakthrough and forth into the family for glory and lifting, in Jesus name.
Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. (Psalm 112:4, KJV)
17. Oh Lord, I silence every voice, and or altar fueling the curse in my family, in Jesus name.
18. I demand that the glory of God break in and break forth in the family, in Jesus name.
19. By the blood of Christ, I end the reign and dominion of curses in the family, in Jesus name.
I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. (Isaiah 45:23, KJV)
20. Lord, I reverse in your name and grace, the curse, its evil, effect and havoc in the family; enough is enough, in Jesus name.
21. I drown and permanently swallow up every trace of a curse in the family by the blood of Christ, never again, never, in the name of Jesus Christ.
22. I come against premature death, poverty, disappointments, shame, littleness and inabilities in the family, in Jesus name.
23. I demand an end to wickedness in the family, in Jesus name.
Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins. (Psalm 7:9, KJV)
24. I call for the rain and reign of righteousness today and forever in the family, in Jesus name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Intercessory Prayer Points For Family
Other Prayer Points Against Family Curses
25. Lord, send your angels to help every member of the family, in Jesus name
26. Oh Lord, give your ministry spirits charge to bring every member of the family to their place of destiny, manifestation and glory, in Jesus name.
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? (Hebrews 1:14, KJV)
27. Oh Lord, let your mercy undertake for every member of the family in Jesus name.
28. Lord, by your mercy lift us, raise us and give my family a place in destiny in the comity of your princes and princesses, in Jesus.
Arise for our help, and redeem us for thy mercies’ sake. (Psalm 44:26, KJV)
29. Cause us too Lord, to inherit thrones, thrones of glory, in Jesus name.
He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD’S, and he hath set the world upon them. (1 Samuel 2:8, KJV)
30. Grant my family peace and prosperity, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. (Isaiah 26:3, KJV)
31. Let, I pray you Lord, your name be the rallying point in the family, in Jesus name.
The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be. (Genesis 49:10, KJV)
32. Open to my family Lord an unending stream of mercy and grace, in Jesus name.
He brought streams also out of the rock, and caused waters to run down like rivers. (Psalm 78:16, KJV)
33. From henceforth Lord, let the testimony of every member of the family be the one of goodness and mercy, in Jesus name.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. (Psalm 23:6, KJV)
34. Lord, let your rain now begin to fall on the family, let the sunshine from heaven begin to find its landing spot and place, in the family, in Jesus name.
35. Oh Lord, cause us to see the true light and to stay with the light for time and eternity beginning from today, in Jesus name.
36. Lord, let my family from today begin to enjoy your smile, sunshine and rain in torrents and unending, in Jesus name.
For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater… (Isaiah 55:10, KJV)
37. Lord, I cripple the forces of witches and wizards in the operation of any curse in the family, I bind them for life, in Jesus name.
38. Father, remove, break and cripple the hand that is holding the light and glory of the family, in Jesus name.
39. Lord, let fire from heaven pursue, torment and finally consume every servant of Satan that has given his or herself to the workings of the curse in my family, let them go for it, in Jesus name.
Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob, neither is there any divination against Israel: according to this time it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, What hath God wrought! (Numbers 23:23, KJV)
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. (Exodus 22:18, KJV)
40. Father, give your angels charge to execute your love, goodness and goodwill for the family everywhere, in Jesus name.
The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth. (Genesis 48:16, KJV)
41. Lord, restore us, renew us, revive us, and give us back our place and space in destiny, in Jesus name.
Wilt thou be angry with us for ever? wilt thou draw out thine anger to all generations? Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee? Shew us thy mercy, O LORD, and grant us thy salvation. (Psalm 85:5-7, KJV)
42. Holy Father, establish for yourself a dynasty of righteous kings and priests in my family, so that where once curses, death and darkness reign, life, light and praise shall arise and stay, in Jesus name.
And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever. (2Samuel 7:16, KJV)
43. Lord, have mercy, have mercy Lord and do not hold back your hand of peace, your heart of love and compassion from the family, in Jesus name.
Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise.. (Psalm 109:1, KJV)
Now, go ahead and thank God for answer to prayers, in Jesus name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Family Protection And Guidance
Nonetheless exhaustive, these 40+ prayer points against family curses will help you get started in prayer.
But you will have to be tenacious, insistent and persistent in the place of prayer to see the desired results.
These prayer points are not just what you pray once and go to sleep, no!
You are to war with them until you see your change come.
How much can you really pray in your understanding?
But you can be sure that you can stay hours praying and warring with these prayer points if you go the way of praying in the spirit.
A word is enough for the wise.
Praying this list of prayer guide on 40 prayer points against family curses in understanding is good, but praying them in the spirit is better.
That is wisdom.
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with a kinds of prayers and requests (Ephesians 6:18a, NIV)
All the best!