You don’t have to give in to the sense and feelings of spiritual dryness, these prayer points against spiritual dryness will help poke the fire again and keep you fresh with spiritual zest and lubrication.
A lot of the time, what you call spiritual dryness may just be a transition time in the realm of the spirit, a season of change for you.
Yes, at such time, if you don’t understand scriptures, you may push yourself too hard thinking that you have lost it and Satan has gotten you in a corner.
Many believers at such time, even begin to beat themselves for sins they think they have committed even without real knowledge of any sin that they can point to that they have committed.
Sin is not always the reason while you are feeling the sense of spiritual dryness.
You must understand that God is reality, He is the same all the time. He has no emotional swings, no feelings whatsoever.
Faith believes God for what the holy written word says about Him with or without feeling. That was why Paul could say; when I am weak, that’s when I am strong. (See 2 Corinthians 12:10, KJV)
Now, if you are in faith and are feeling dry, all you need do is to stir up the power of God in you through prayer and sometimes fasting. But if otherwise, then it may be that the enemy is assaulting you, actually concentration his arsenals of evil spirits on you to make you cold and unexcited about God and His ways.
Whatever the case, faith and prayer can restore your sense of power and fire with God again.
Let us pray.
READ ALSO: Prayers For Confusion And Uncertainty
Prayer Points Against Spiritual Dryness
The following are prayer points against spiritual dryness that you can use to pray to bring revival fire and freshness of power on your spirit again:
1. Father, thank you for your Son Jesus Christ the living water, whoever drinks of Him shall not thirst again, I have drunk of the living water and I shall never thirst again, in Jesus’ name.
Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water…. But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:10-14, KJV)
2. Lord, your word declares that you are always with me, and I believe that always means always whether I feel like it or not. Therefore, I thank you for being with me now as always, in Jesus’ name.
…and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28:20, KJV)
3. I ask Lord that you pour your Spirit afresh upon me for revival and fresh fire, in Jesus’ name.
4. I declare that my spirit is stirred again and my heart is seeking and longing for you again, in Jesus’ name.
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. (Psalm 63:1-2, KJV)
5. Breathe afresh upon me Lord and let the zeal for your house consume me once more again, in Jesus’ name.
For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up… (Psalm 69:9a, KJV)
6. I declare by faith that I am strengthened with might by the Spirit in my inner man, in Jesus’ name.
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man. (Ephesians 3:16, KJV)
7. Light is coming to me again, my heart is opened again to revelation of the word of God through the Spirit of grace and holiness, in Jesus’ name.
Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart. (Psalm 97:11, KJV)
8. I am called to the Word again, my spirit is out to feed and live on and by the word again, my hunger and thirst bud for the word and prayer is stirred again, in Jesus’ name.
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (Matthew 4:4, KJV)
9. I receive life and fire into my spiritual life now through the power of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ name.
10. I am alive in Christ unto the Word and unto the Spirit, the life and fire of God stir me up for righteousness, in Jesus’ name.
11. Fresh touch Lord, fresh touch Lord, I receive a fresh touch of the Master, and by it I am fired up to run over a troop and leap over a wall, in Jesus’ name.
For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. (Psalm 18:28-29, KJV)
12. I am being filled with the Spirit again, I manifest the fruit of joy; singing and making melody in my heart unto the Lord, in Jesus’ name.
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 5:18-20, KJV)
13. I declare that the Spirit is poured upon me from on high, everything that represents wilderness in my life is experiencing the rainfall of the Spirit and becoming fruitful field, in Jesus’ name.
Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest. (Isaiah 32:15, KJV)
14. Yes, the drought is over in my life, it is over in my soul, it is over on my prayer alter, in the name of Jesus Christ.
And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
15. Lord, pour upon me the Spirit of grace and supplication for fire and power in the place of prayer, in Jesus’ name.
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. (Zechariah 12:10, KJV)
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Scriptures To Pray Against Confusion
16. I resist by faith and the Spirit, every attempt of hell to sabotage and make a mess of my prayer life, it will not prosper, in Jesus’ name.
17. Yes, I arrest every spiritual crime organized against me by hell to make my testimony impotent and weak through negative thoughts and feelings of spiritual inferiority complex, in Jesus’ name.
But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin. (Micah 3:8, KJV)
18. Yes, no matter the arrows of doubt and weaknesses that are shot and targeted at my mind by the devil, they shall not prosper in my life, in Jesus’ name.
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 54:17, KJV)
19. I declare that I am ruled by the word of God and by the Spirit, and not by my emotions and mind, in Jesus’ name.
20. I declare that my thought and emotion are governed and controlled by the Holy Spirit of grace and holiness, in Jesus’ name.
21. I align my thought with the thoughts of Christ, my will and my emotions are turned to the will and emotion of the Spirit, in Jesus’ name.
For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:16, KJV)
22. My mind is completely ruled and governed by the Holy Spirit, therefore, I do not entertain weaknesses and lies from hell that Satan is heaping at my mind right now, in Jesus’ name.
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16, KJV)
23. Yes, I put a guard on my spirit, I do not allow condemnation, doubts, anxiety, and unbelief to have a single place in it, let alone a hold, in Jesus’ name.
24. Yes, I declare that the battle of confusion and spiritual passiveness will not conquer my mind, I quell them now by faith, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. (Ephesians 6:16, KJV)
25. I am responding by faith to all assaults of hell coming on my mind, I refuse to accept that God ‘s no longer with me, that He has left me to myself, no, in Jesus’ name.
26. I refuse spiritual lethargy; I refuse to believe for once that I am down and out, that the fire of God is no longer on my soul, no, I stir up God’s life and power in me through faith and prayer now, in Jesus’ name.
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. (2 Timothy 1:6, KJV)
27. I take responsibility for my spiritual life, its growth and health, through the power of the Holy Spirit effectively and actively at work in me, in Jesus’ name.
28. I do not say I am weak though I may feel so; for when I am weak that’s even when I am strong as says the holy writ, in Jesus’ name.
29. In my dilemma and deluge of feelings of weakness, I declare that I am strong according to the word of the Lord concerning me, in Jesus’ name.
Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong. (Joel 3:10, KJV)
30. I declare that the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus is at work in me, therefore I am quickened with spiritual life and health both in my body, mind and spirit, in Jesus name.
31. I am alive in Christ, no weakness of the mind and body shall make me otherwise, I shall never be otherwise, in Jesus’ name.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:2, KJV)
Now, go ahead and thank God for answer to prayers, in Jesus’ name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points Against Confusion
Put your mouth to work and you will soon be out of the feeling and deluge of spiritual lethargy. That is chiefly what this list of prayer points against spiritual dryness is intended to do in you.
You are the prophet of your life, you are weak not just because you feel it, but because you believed your feeling, you thought it and mostly talk it.
What you are supposed to do when you seem to feel weak spiritually is to begin to declare that you are strong.
You should know that the devil can use your body against you, he can use your emotion and feeling against you. So when you notice that you seem down spiritually, then say the opposite; declare that you are strong.
That’s what the scriptures says.
When you do, after a while, your thought will change to and align with your talk. Yes, your thought will move from believing you are weak and dry to believing you are alive and well in the spirit.
Now, one thing that will help you get your spirit up and running again in the midst of the feeling and in the middle of your confession of faith that you are not weak, is learning to activate your spirit and build up your faith by praying in the Holy Ghost and in tongues (See Jude 1:20, KJV)
When you do, your spiritual battery is charged again to the full.
This, my friend, is one of the most assured way to checking and ending the feeling of spiritual dryness and weakness.
But you, beloved, build yourselves up [founded] on your most holy faith [make progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher], praying in the Holy Spirit. (Jude 1:20, AMPLIFIED)
God bless you.
All the best!
Our Most Popular Content
- 43 Strong Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points With Scriptures
- 23 Scriptural Prayer Points For Mercy (With Bible Verses)
- 17 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For Sunday Service
- 26 Great Opening Prayer Points For Church Service
- 13 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For The Church
- 17 Strong Prayer Points For Church Growth And Revival
- 31 Earnest Prayer Points For Beginning Of A New Month
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Family (With Bible Verses)
- 23 Strong Prayer Points For Breakthrough (With Bible Verses)
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Restoration (With Bible Verses)