If you are having problem with the flesh as a believer, these curated prayer points to overcome the flesh will be helpful to you.
First, you must know that you will be tempted to sin, you cannot run away from it as long as you are in this world. But you can take responsibility for what you do when you’re face to are face with temptation. (See 1 Corinthians 9:27, KJV)
Now, it is important you know that God never said anything in the Scripture about praying to overcome the flesh.
He only gave instructions on what to do to overcome the flesh, Satan and the world. (See Galatians 5:16, KJV)
So why then pray to overcome.
First off, prayer brings you an enablement, a grace with which you are able to do what God ask you to do to overcome.
Secondly, when you pray, you take control and charge of the situations and circumstances of your life such that your path are divinely guided on and from the path that lead to temptation.
That was why Jesus said for you to pray that you be not led into temptation but that you be delivered from evil. (See Matthew 6:13a KJV)
Plus, when you pray, spiritual forces are released to aid you and guide you so that even when you are tempted, you are able to resist and not fall into the temptation. (See Jude 1:24, KJV)
Plus, your ability to say NO is build up in strength so that right in the face of temptation, you are able to resist, walk out and flee away like Joseph did when he was face to face with naked and bare temptation. (See Genesis 39:12, KJV)
It is this attitude that these prayer points to overcome the flesh are meant to inbuilt, provoke and exhibit in you, rather than just praying.
Sure you got that.
So, are you ready to pray and release grace and help to meet in the face of temptation?
Let’s so it together.
Prayer Points To Overcome The Flesh
The following is a prayer list tagged prayer points to overcome the flesh that you can use to pray and provoke grace and supernatural help to meet in time of temptation:
1. Father, in your name, I declare that I bring my body under subjection to Christ, I bring it under the loving rule of the Holy Spirit of truth, grace and righteousness, in Jesus’ name.
2. I declare that my members, the parts of my body are instruments of righteousness, yielded to God for His service and for His glory, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. (Romans 6:13, 18, KJV)
3. I declare by the word of God that the passions of my body are holy and righteous altogether and always, in Jesus’ name.
4. I declare that unrighteousness and sinful habits do not thrive in my body because it is the Temple of the Holy Spirit of God who is holy and righteous, in Jesus name.
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1Thessalonians 5:23, KJV)
5. My body craves righteousness and righteous living, no unholy cravings and passions survive in it, in Jesus’ name.
6. Lord, I bring my body under, I lay it down at your altar as a living sacrifice, breath upon it life and holiness and make it useful for your glory, make it a unto a vessel of power and honor, in Jesus’ name.
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. (Romans 12:1, KJV)
7. I yield my body to you Lord as a living, thriving sacrifice for your service and for your glory in all things and in all ways, in Jesus’ name.
8. Lord, send holy fire into the members of my body, my eyes, ears, mouth, and sense of touch (feeling) to refine it and rid it of every hidden intentions and filthy passions lurking in it, waiting to manifest in moments when I am off guard, in Jesus’ name.
9. Lord, send your purifying fire on my eyes to cleanse and rid it of latent evil and to fit it for your holy use, in Jesus name.
And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness. (Malachi 3:3, KJV)
10. And because my eyes is the chief member of my body that determine whether I stand or fall for sin, I ask Lord that you help me keep it in righteousness so I may only look upon things that are holy, pure and lovely, in Jesus’ name.
11. Yes, Lord, purify my eyes and keep it up to see you and your holiness only, in Jesus’ name.
12. Lord, let my eyes be cleansed from pollution, from dirt, evil and let it not again look upon the filthiness of this world in any form, shape or format, in Jesus’ name.
I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid? (Job 31:1, KJV)
13. Lord, fill me with the grace and discipline of the Spirit to hold my body in check for holy living, in Jesus’ name.
14. I declare that the passions, cravings and desire of my body are inspired, controlled and motivated by the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ name.
15. Yes, I declare Lord that by your Holy Spirit of truth, I am able to hold my body in check and in control from falling for lust and sin, in Jesus’ name.
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16, KJV)
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points On Overcoming Life Challenges
16. I ask Lord that you empower me with grace to look away and flee away from sin when it comes knocking at my doorstep, in Jesus’ name.
17. Father, I pray that you empower and embolden my will with your grace and might so I may be able to always turn away and say no to evil and temptation all the time, in Jesus’ name.
18. Yes Lord, fit me with a Holy Spirit-embolden-will that can resist temptation and flee when it is face to face with the lure and pleasure of sin, in Jesus’ name.
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. (1 Corinthians 6:18, KJV)
And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out. (Genesis 39:12, KJV)
19. Oh Lord, lead me not into temptation, but deliver me at all times from evil and the evil one, in Jesus’ name.
20. Help me Lord to stay away from people and places of demonic influences to sin, in Jesus’ name.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. (Matthew 6:13a, KJV)
21. And oh Lord, let the thoughts and the meditation of my heart be all you and your kingdom, in Jesus’ name.
22. Lord, I ask that you grant me grace to keep my mind with all diligence from all that is obscene, all that is lustful and dirty, in Jesus’ name.
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. (Proverbs 4:23, KJV)
23. Yes Lord, grant me the discipline of the Spirit and strength of character to keep my mind and eyes busy with things that are pure, lovely, holy, honest and of good report, in Jesus’ name.
24. I declare that I put a holy guard and guide on my eyes and mind to not look on things that are dirty, defiling and obscene, in Jesus’ name.
25. Keep my eyes and mind pure and from seeing and entertaining thoughts that defile and pollute the recreated spirit, in Jesus’ name.
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14, KJV)
26. Lord, never let me fall for things and actions that defile and pollute the recreated human spirit; keep me always in the place of purity, safety under your wings and loving atmosphere of beauty, freshness and holiness, in Jesus’ name.
27. By your Spirit Lord, I declare that I put on the Lord Jesus Christ, His life, power, grace and holiness and I refuse to make provision (not one moment) for the flesh to fulfil its natural evil passions and tendencies, in Jesus’ name.
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. (Romans 13:14, KJV)
28. I declare that I am born of God, I am one with the Lord in spirit and a member of His body, therefore, sin shall not have dominion over me, in Jesus’ name.
29. I am the redeemed of the Lord and through the gift of righteousness and of the abundance of grace, I stand as God’s true redeemed, void of sin and offence and all things that offend, in Jesus’ name.
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s. (1 Corinthians 6:20, KJV)
30. I believe that God is working out and perfecting all that concerns me, therefore, I shall be a true, spotless, living and loving witness of the life and love of Christ in my generation to the end, in Jesus’ name.
31. My testimony of God’s power and grace shall be complete in my lifetime, it will not be stained by sin, evil and unguided actions and words that do not glorify my master. I shall end well, in Jesus’ name.
And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him. (Genesis 5:24, KJV)
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. (2 Timothy 4:7, KJV)
Now, go ahead and thank God for answer to prayers, in Jesus’ name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points Against Enemies Of Progress
Nonetheless exhaustive, this list of prayer points to overcome the flesh is meant to help you get started and going in prayer.
And as you yield and give yourself to the Spirit of grace and supplication, He will lead you on to praying prayers that are custom-made, prayers that fit your particular condition and meet your peculiar need.
Now, one way to side with the Spirit to do this through you is when you co-operate with Him by praying in the spirit and in tongues.
That way, you are readily in sync with the Spirit praying the very mind and will of God (See Romans 8:26-27, NIV)
Plus, when you pray in the spirit and in tongues, you are able to pray prayers that are exhaustive, you are able to pray satisfactorily and at long last, you are able to pray well.
You don’t want to miss pout on all the blessings of praying in the spirit and in tongues.
Little did we wonder why the Apostle Paul through the Holy Spirit admonished the believer to pray always with all manner of prayers in the Spirit! (See Ephesians 6:18a, KJV)
He sure knew and had experienced the power and the blessings of it, which was why he was quick to encouraged believers to pray that way.
If you want to see the kinds of results that the apostle Paul got in prayer, it will be well for you to also learn to pray the way he did
God bless you.
All the best!
Our Most Popular Content
- 31 Earnest Prayer Points For Beginning Of A New Month
- 17 Strong Prayer Points For Church Growth And Revival
- 17 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For Sunday Service
- 23 Strong Prayer Points For Breakthrough (With Bible Verses)
- 26 Great Opening Prayer Points For Church Service
- 13 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For The Church
- 43 Strong Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points With Scriptures
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Family (With Bible Verses)
- 23 Scriptural Prayer Points For Mercy (With Bible Verses)
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Restoration (With Bible Verses)