Looking for prayer points for thanksgiving that will help you express your sincere and profound gratitude to God?
You have come to the right place.
You have so much to be thankful for … life, family, work, healing, health, money, relationships, deliverances, preservation, sound mind, provision, specific answers to prayer…. God has done so much for you, and you know it.
So it’s time to give him thanks for all He has done and also to do so in anticipation for what He’s yet to do.
Thanksgiving is a must for the Christian if He wants to enjoy the best that God has for him.
But thanksgiving may not carry the weight and power of real gratitude if you lack adequate words to express your thanks to God.
That’s why we have taken it for granted to help you with on-point prayer points for thanksgiving that will help put you it over with God.
Best of all, these prayer points for thanksgiving are based on God’s word.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Family
Prayer Points For Thanksgiving
The following is a list of bible based prayer points for thanksgiving for your quick reference.
1. Father, I thank you for you are good and your mercy endures forever. My soul magnifies you Lord and my spirit bIess your holy name, in the name of Jesus (1 Chronicle 16:34, Psalm 106:1, Luke 1:46-47)
2. Lord, you are the God of heaven and the earth, maker of everything; I enter into your gates with thanksgiving and your courts with praise. Thank you Lord and may your name be blessed forever, in Jesus name (Psalm 100:1-4)
3. I will bless you Lord at all times, your praise shall continually be in my mouth and your joy and gladness in my heart, in the name of Jesus Christ (Psalm 34:1)
4. Father, I want to thank you for all; for everything that is working in my life and even for the things that are not working as yet. Just want to say thank you Lord for all and in all, in the name of the Lord Jesus (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
5. Father, I thank you for my life, work, family, ministry and career. I thank you Lord in all that I do and in all that I say; my words and actions are to your praise, in Jesus name (Colossian 3:17)
6. Lord, I refuse to fret, I refuse to worry over everything and anything; instead I thank you for everything and for anything, in Jesus name. (Philippians 4:6)
7. Father, I receive grace as I continue to worship and to praise you; my soul magnifies you Lord and my spirit bless your name. (Colossians 4:2)
8. Lord, you are holy and righteous; you are, is and is to come, the Almighty. (Revelation 4:8, Isaiah 6:2)
9. You are worthy oh Lord to receive glory, honor and power, you created me and everything for your good pleasure. Thank you for being that thoughtful of me (Revelation 4:11)
10. Father, blessing, and honor and glory and power be unto you and to the Lamb who sits on the throne forever and ever. All power belongs to you Lord (Revelation 5:13, 1 Chronicles 29:11, Psalm 62:11)
11. Father, I thank you for salvation belongs to you and unto the Lamb, in the name of Jesus (Revelation 7:10, 19:1)
12. Oh Lord, you are God forever, you are my strength and my song, the Lord my helper; in your name I trusted and your name has given me the victory and made me triumph over all. Thank you so much Lord for answer to all my prayers, in Jesus name. (Psalm 118)
13. Oh Lord, blessed be your holy name because you have heard my cry and my prayers and have helped me. Thank you Lord for answers to prayers, in Jesus name (Psalm 28:6-7)
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Thanksgiving Prayer Points With Scriptures
17 Bible Verses For Thanksgiving
- 1 Chronicles 16:34:
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.”
“David praised the Lord in the presence of the whole assembly, saying, “Praise be to you, Lord, the God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.”
3. 1 Thessalonians 5:18:
“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
4. Colossians 3:17:
“And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.”
5. Colossians 4:2:
“Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;”
6. Philippians 4:6:
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”
7. Psalm 28:6-7:
“Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.”
8. Psalm 34:1:
“I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.”
9. Psalm 100:4-5:
“Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”
10. Revelation 4:11:
“Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.”
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Point For Breakthrough
11. Revelations 5:13:
“And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.”
12. Revelation 4:8:
“And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.”
13. Revelation 7:10:
“And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.”
14. Luke 1:46-47:
“And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.”
15. Isaiah 6:3:
“And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.”
16. Psalm 62:11:
“God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.”
17. Psalm 118:1-5, 14-28:
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever. I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. … The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly. The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly. I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD. The LORD hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death. Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD: This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter. I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation. The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. This is the LORD’S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes. This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity. Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD. God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar. Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.”
PS: Unless otherwise stated all scriptural quotations in this post are taken from the Authorised King James Version. And all scriptural quotations tagged NIV are taken online from the New International Version 2011, published by Biblica.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Protection
How To Pray the Prayer Of Thanksgiving
There are some practices that you need to know in order to position yourself rightly for prayer points for thanksgiving.
In praying these prayer points for thanksgiving:
1. Don’t ask God for anything, just thank Him for everything.
2. Let songs of praise and thanksgiving fill your prayer.
3. Pray kneeling, prostrating or even lying on the ground.
4. Have a humble disposition and gratitude of heart as you pray.
5. Be humble, be sober, reflect; let the Lord see the humble state of your heart
6. And don’t forget to clinch your prayer with the power phrase “in the name of Jesus Christ.” Ensure that you make your prayer in the name of Jesus; that’s what makes it acceptable.
Read also: Prayer Points For The Church
We trust we have been able to walk you through some awe-inspiring prayer points for thanksgiving in this post.
You also see how best you can pray these prayers if you want to cut the attention of heaven.
These practices will make your prayer points for thanksgiving far reaching and enduring.
When you add those practices to your prayer points for thanksgiving, heaven will smile on you with satisfaction; your praise and thanksgiving has ascended to the throne of grace as a sweet smelling sacrifice, accepted by the Lord.
And when the Father accepts your offering of thanksgiving, you can be sure you have stirred Him up to do more.
For when you thank God, you move Him to do more.
Please share if you find this post helpful!