Here are prayer points for spiritual authority you can use to pray.
There is so much that Christ has given to His body, the church on the earth today.
So much spiritual authority and power has been vested with the Church and this power and authority is exercised through the individual believer.
But unfortunately, so little is known of this authority and when it is even known of, there is little or no real exercise of it.
Well, the time has come for that to change; and prayer is one way to change it.
That’s why you must give time and attention to these prayer points for spiritual authority.
Yes, these prayer points for spiritual authority are not intended to be prayed from a standpoint of one, begging and asking God to empower and endow you with spiritual power, no!
They are to be prayed as one who already has authority but who is positioning himself to exercising it.
Let’s get to it.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points On Breaking Limitations
Prayer Points For Spiritual Authority
The following are prayer points for spiritual authority that you can pray right away:
1. Pray and thank God for the power and authority He has vested on the Church in the name of Jesus, in Jesus name.
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:18-19, NIV)
2. Pray and ask the Lord to open the eyes of your spirit to see and understand the depth and possibilities of the authority in the name of Jesus, in Jesus name.
3. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to open your spiritual eyes and understanding to see all the power there is in the wonderful name of Jesus, the name above all names, in Jesus name.
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power. (Ephesians 1:18-19, KJV)
4. Pray and ask the Lord to give you word encounters with and in the name of Jesus, in Jesus name.
And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. (Luke 10:17, KJV)
5. Pray and ask the Lord to cause you to understand the scope and dimension of the authority He has vested in the name of Jesus, in Jesus name.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:9-11, KJV)
6. Pray and ask the Lord to call you up into intimate fellowship with the Holy Spirit that makes for revelation of the power of the name and the exercise thereof, in Jesus name.
And the LORD came down upon mount Sinai, on the top of the mount: and the LORD called Moses up to the top of the mount; and Moses went up. (Exodus 19:20, KJV)
7. Pray and ask the Lord to give you an understanding, believing heart and a childlike spirit to believe all there is to the authority in the name, in Jesus name.
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. (Mark 9:23, KJV)
8. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to grant you the boldness to take a hold of the truth of the authority you have in Christ and to exercise it accordingly, in Jesus name.
And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel. (Ephesians 6:19, KJV)
9. Pray and ask the Lord to cause you to understand the truth of righteousness – the ability to stand before God, Satan, his demons and the world, without guilt consciousness and spiritual inferiority complex, in Jesus name.
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. (2 Corinthians 5:21, KJV)
10. Pray and ask the Lord to quicken His word daily in your heart by the Holy Spirit, because the word of God is power, in Jesus name.
…quicken thou me according to thy word. (Psalm 119:25b, KJV)
For the word of God is quick, and powerful… (Hebrews 4:12a, KJV)
11. Pray and ask the Lord to let the anointing of the Holy Spirit go forth and travel on your words as you preach, pray for the sick and cast out devils in the authority of the name of Jesus, in Jesus name.
And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power. (Luke 4:32, KJV)
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Spiritual Hunger
12. Pray and ask the Lord to grant you the wisdom to rightly use and deploy the authority of the name at the right time and for the right situations, in Jesus name.
And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake. (Acts 6:10KJV)
13. Pray and ask the Lord to help you to use the authority of the name for the glory of God and the uplifting of the kingdom, and not for show off of power and pride, in Jesus name.
And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. (Acts 8:18, KJV)
14. Pray and ask the Lord to make His word in your mouth double edged, sharper than two edged sword, destructive to the forces of darkness, in Jesus name.
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. (Revelation 19:15, KJV)
15. Pray and ask the Lord to make His word in your mouth fire that burns and refines, in Jesus name.
Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? (Jeremiah 23:29, KJV)
16. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to make the name of Jesus in your mouth atomic bomb that whenever you call and mention that name, hell, demons and sicknesses will bow, in Jesus name.
Behold, I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth: thou shalt thresh the mountains, and beat them small, and shalt make the hills as chaff. (Isaiah 41:15, KJV)
17. Pray and declare that the name of Jesus in your mouth today is as powerful and potent as God’s word in Jesus’ mouth when He walked and talked the earth some 2000 years ago, and that you do all that He wish and will to do today in that name, in Jesus name.
And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. (Acts 14:11, KJV)
Now go ahead and thank God for answer to prayers and specifically for the authority that is invested in the name, in Jesus name.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Marital Breakthrough
There’s so much to pray and say about the authority the believer has in Christ Jesus, but these few prayer points for spiritual authority will help bring everything closer home.
The prayer points cover areas that border on understanding of authority, insight into the power of the name, boldness to exercise it, the fellowship of the Spirit that furnishes you with the juiciness of the name and the confidence to exercise the name with full assurance that it will deliver the goods.
Plus, the understanding of righteousness that empowers you with boldness and fearlessness to use the name; all these and much more are what you need in order to get into your God ordained and Jesus bought place of authority for you.
Look, you cannot pray these prayer points for spiritual authority in reality without seeing the hand of God in your life, more so because they are scriptural and bible based.
That’s the guarantee to answer prayers; God will answer prayers based on His word.
To add, to be sure you pray these prayer points for spiritual authority well and satisfactorily, we would ask that you please pray them in the spirit much more.
That way, you will be able to pray mysteries and also able to touch and exhaust the prayer, touching every aspect of it that may be obscured to the mind at the moment.
When you pray in the spirit, you pray well and pray exhaustively.
Thanks and God bless!