‘He that winneth souls is wise,’ the Scripture declares. (Proverbs 11:30b, KJV)
Now, here are prayer points for soul winning you can use to pray for yourself and for souls in your efforts to reaching and winning the lost.
The job closest to the heart of the Father is soul winning.
Jesus made it a major focus and stay of His ministry on earth.
The Son of man came to seek and to save that which was lost, He affirmed at His meeting with Zacchaeus. (See Luke 19:1-10, KJV)
It was to that end He died on the cross, was buried and on the third day rose from the dead to make life and light available to whoever will believe.
Jesus was a success at soul winning, that’s because He knew how to get at it.
He prayed, strategized, went and won as many to Himself and to His Father.
We can learn from the Master Himself and by extension, from the apostles on how they went about strategic soul winning.
Matter for another day.
But for now, let’s get to prayer points for soul winning to first and foremost lay the prayer and most important foundation for soul winning.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points To Revive Prayer Life
Prayer Points For Soul Winning
The following are prayer points for soul winning you can use to pray to prepare yourself, the ground and the people you are going to be reaching out to:
Prayer Points For The Soul Winner
1. Father, I pray that you anoint me with the anointing for soul winning, in Jesus’ name.
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. (Acts 10:38, KJV)
2. Lord, I give you my tongue, my emotions, hands, and my mind to work through, talk with and reach with, in Jesus’ name.
Behold, I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth: thou shalt thresh the mountains, and beat them small, and shalt make the hills as chaff. (Isaiah 41:15, KJV)
3. Open my spiritual eyes, Lord, so I may see the world, people, the way you see them, in their true state, in Jesus’ name.
Have respect unto the covenant: for the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty. O let not the oppressed return ashamed: let the poor and needy praise thy name. (Psalm 74:20-21, KJV)
4. Cause me to hear the cry of the lost, the pains and burden that Satan has laden them with, in Jesus’ name.
5. Oh Lord, let me begin to perceive the graveness and gravity of the state of bondage that Satan has kept the lost, in Jesus’ name.
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. (Acts 26:18, KJV)
6. Oh Lord, open my eyes to the real harvest fields, places and people that are ripe for the harvest, in Jesus’ name.
7. And as I endeavor to go, equip me with gifts of the Holy Spirit, mostly the ability to know people’s problems (pain point) as I strive to initiate conversations, in Jesus’ name.
8. Father, let the gifts of the word of wisdom, knowledge and the discerning of spirits begin to manifest in and through me on the job, real time, in Jesus’ name.
Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again… Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither. (John 4:13, 16, KJV)
9. Anoint me Lord with the power of the Holy Spirit to heal the sick and cast out devils on the go, Lord, in Jesus’ name.
In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; …they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (Mar 16:17a-18b)
10. Guide and lead me to people in real danger, people who are at the verge of giving up and resigning to death and destruction because of the power of Satan that’s holding them bound and down, in Jesus’ name.
11. Lord as I go, lead me to the right persons, persons you are saving, persons you are healing and persons you are delivering, so I can help bring your good news to them to perfect what you are doing in them, in Jesus’ name.
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. (John 5:19, KJV)
12. Father, inspire my actions, words and thoughts on the go, as I witness of Christ, so I may I not speak of and from myself, in Jesus’ name.
13. Grant Oh Lord that your love and life will be in the words I speak so people can feel you and hear you through the words I speak, in Jesus’ name.
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. (Ephesians 4:29, KJV)
14. And as I go, defend and protect me from evil, from organized crime that Satan may have hatched to harm me, in Jesus’ name.
And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. (2 Thessalonians 3:2, KJV)
15. Oh Lord, use me to bring real salvation and deliverance to people in darkness, to turn them from the power of Satan unto God, in Jesus’ name.
To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. (Isaiah 42:7, KJV)
16. Lord, open my eyes to strategies and possibilities to winning souls, seeing that not two persons are the say, hence everyone must be reached as the Spirit leads and inspires, in Jesus’ name.
And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert… Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. (Acts 8:26, 29, KJV)
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer For Someone To Be Released From Jail
Prayer Points For Souls, The Lost
17. Oh Lord, I pray that the power of the Holy Spirit go before me to remove the blindness from the eyes of the lost so they can see and appreciate the gospel, in Jesus’ name.
18. Father, I pray that you send the Light, Light above the brightness of the sun into the hearts of lost souls as they hear the gospel so they can see and be saved, in Jesus’ name.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men… That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. (John 1:4, 9, KJV)
19. Father, give your angels the charge to continue to follow up lost souls until they meet the man and the woman that you have prepared to bring them the message of life whereby they may be saved, in Jesus’ name.
20. Father, send your Simon Peter to them like you did to Cornelius so they can hear the word of life and be saved, in Jesus’ name.
He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius. And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter: He lodgeth with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea side: he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do. (Acts 10:3, 5-6, KJV)
21. I pray and break the spirit of stubbornness from the lost, I rebuke the blindness that Satan has blindfolded them with, in Jesus’ name.
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. (2 Corinthians 4:4, KJV)
22. I pray that the hearts of the unsaved are receptive to the gospel in my city, nation and region, in Jesus’ name.
23. I pray that the gospel will have free course among the lost in my city and nation and be glorified in and among them, in Jesus’ name.
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you. (2 Thessalonians 3:1, KJV)
24. I pray Lord that the power of the name of Jesus will be proven and glorified among the unsaved bringing about massive harvest of souls like it did in Ephesus with the apostle Paul, in Jesus’ name.
And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified. (Acts 19:17, KJV)
25. I ask that supernatural signs and wonders be performed among the lost, signs that will make them turn their hearts to the Lord, in Jesus’ name.
And Peter said unto him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately. And all that dwelt at Lydda and Saron saw him, and turned to the Lord. (Acts 9:34-35, KJV)
26. Oh Lord, I pray and resist any power and principality, whether human or spirit that may want to stand to resist and turn the lost from giving in and following the Lord, in Jesus’ name.
But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith. Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him, And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord? (Acts 13:8-10, KJV)
27. Lord, open the understanding of the unsaved to be able to comprehend the message of the gospel, so they may believe and be saved, in Jesus’ name.
28. Open their eyes to see and their ears to hear, so they can receive the word, believe and be saved, in Jesus’ name.
But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. (Matthew 13:23, KJV)
29. Oh Lord, let the invisible hand of the Holy Spirit, the wooing influence of your power be upon every one you lead me to win to you, so they have no strong resistance to the word, in Jesus’ name.
Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. (Acts 2:41, KJV)
30. Let, I pray Lord that in your mercy, prerogative and sovereignty, your healing power will have its way among the lost that need healing and deliverance and they will all be healed, in Jesus’ name.
And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them. (Luke 5:17, KJV)
31. Father of life, I desire that you set aside my best knowledge and wisdom, and move in your mercy, almightiness and power to bring a mighty harvest of souls in my catchment area, my harvest field in this end time, in Jesus’ name.
Now, go ahead and thank God for answer to prayers, in Jesus’ name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer To Be Released From Prison
Nonetheless exhaustive, these prayer points for soul winning are intended to get you started in prayer.
And as you give yourself to it and to really seek God with a genuine burden for souls, the Lord will lead you on to custom-made and dedicated prayers that will most fit your need.
You will do well to press on with the Lord until you get to that place in your prayer, intercession and travail for the lost.
You will get there if you persist in the place of prayer.
Now, one way to helping you get there in no time and all the time is by praying in the spirit.
That is even how you are able to actually pray the very mind and will of God for the occasion. (See Romans 8:26-27, NIV)
That’s also how you are able to pray sufficiently, exhaustively and well.
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. (Ephesians 6:18, KJV)
God bless you.
Our Most Popular Content
- 43 Strong Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points With Scriptures
- 17 Strong Prayer Points For Church Growth And Revival
- 17 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For Sunday Service
- 31 Earnest Prayer Points For Beginning Of A New Month
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Family (With Bible Verses)
- 23 Scriptural Prayer Points For Mercy (With Bible Verses)
- 23 Strong Prayer Points For Breakthrough (With Bible Verses)
- 26 Great Opening Prayer Points For Church Service
- 13 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For The Church
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Restoration (With Bible Verses)