If your prayer altar is dried, suffering and almost totally cold, here are prayer points to revive prayer life that you can use to pray.
A prayer-less Christian is a power-less Christian, that’s a fact.
Your faith life is as robust as your prayer life, that’s another fact.
That tells you one thing: to be mighty with God, you have to be mighty in prayer.
For reasons that I do not understand, it seems to me that it is through prayer that you activate and keep the power of God on your life 24/7.
Jesus was that way, primarily because He was given to prayers. (See Luke 5:15-16, NIV)
He loved spending quality time in prayer and fellowship with the Father, He did this mostly in the early hours of the day before He sets out to meet the day.
Little did we wonder why He had 100 percent success in ministry, casting out devils, healing the sick, walking and preaching in and with power!
Hey, your faith life is at risk and at the mercy of Satan, sin and demons if you don’t pray.
Trust Satan, He will do everything possible to keep you from praying, He knows when you don’t pray, you are not a threat to him in any way.
He can come to your house, operate unhindered and get away with it.
You need fire back on your prayer altar.
Let’s pray to have it back.
Prayer points To Revive Prayer Life
The following are prayer points to revive prayer life that you can pray to have the fire of God and the love of Christ rekindled on your altar of prayer with power:
1. Father, let fire from your throne descend upon my life now to sanitize and bring fire and power back to my prayer altar, in Jesus’ name.
And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness. (Malachi 3:3, KJV)
2. Oh Lord, please forgive me for prayerlessness, it is arrogance and sin, I ask for your mercy Lord, forgive, I pray thee, in Jesus’ name.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14, KJV)
3. Father, I ask that you cleanse and rid me of every weight and sin that has weighed down my spirit and soul, keeping me from praying, in Jesus’ name.
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us. (Hebrews 12:1, KJV)
4. I pray for revival of love for you, Lord, in my heart, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works. (Revelation 2:4-5a, KJV)
5. Lord, rid me I pray thee of heaviness of the heart and weakness of the mind in the place of prayer, in Jesus’ name.
6. Father, strengthen my resolve to pray, enable my will with your power so I can give action to my words in the promise that I want to get back to praying again, in Jesus’ name.
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. (Matthew 26:41, KJV)
7. Father, let the darkness and all forms of oppression of darkness that are keeping me from praying be gone from me now, in Jesus’ name.
8. Lord, as I have resolved to get to praying again, I pray that you give me grace, give me strength in my inner man to do what I say, in Jesus’ name.
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man. (Ephesians 3:16, KJV)
9. Lord, enable me by divine enablement to get to praying again, in Jesus’ name.
10. Oh Lord, pour upon me the spirit of grace and supplication once again, fill me with the spirit of prayer, in Jesus’ name.
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. (Zechariah 12:10, KJV)
11. Restore my heart to a place of intense love and fellowship with your Holy Spirit, Lord, in the name of Jesus Christ.
12. Give me I pray thee Lord, an unquenchable thirst for your Word, because your word is your power, in Jesus’ name.
Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. (Psalm 119:9, KJV)
13. Lord, let me never get tired of coming into your presence, teach me to value and daily anticipate time with you in prayer, in Jesus’ name.
Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. (Psalm 143:10, KJV)
14. Lord, I ask that you grant me self-control, let the fruit of the recreated human spirit called self-control begin to find expression in my life so I can stay with my resolve, in Jesus’ name.
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. (2 Peter 1:5-7, KJV)
15. Lord, grant the willingness and the ability to pray by your Spirit in me, in Jesus’ name.
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us… (Ephesians 3:20, KJV)
16. Oh Lord, cause me to see people the way you see them so I can go the extra mile in prayer to seeing your will be done in their lives, in Jesus’ name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer To Be Released From Prison
17. Open my eyes Lord to the scope and dimension of prayer, so I may know that even 24 hours is not sufficient to pray and intercede daily, in Jesus’ name.
18. Lay on me Lord burdens for the lost, burdens for the sick and infirmed, and give me grace to give my time to praying through those burdens, in Jesus’ name.
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. (Luke 19:10, KJV)
19. Let me see what you see, let me hear what you hear Lord, in Jesus’ name.
20. Cause me to perceive the need of the world, the way you perceive it and help me to express this need and perception in the place of prayer, in Jesus’ name.
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body’s sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God.. (Colossians 1:24-25, KJV)
21. Lord, give me grace to learn to yield to your Spirit, His pull, nudging and promptings to pray, in Jesus’ name.
22. Help me to be sensitive to your Spirit in the ministry of prayer and intercession, in Jesus’ name.
23. Father, open my eyes to the power and purpose of prayer, prayer as you intend it, in Jesus’ name.
But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. (Acts 6:4, KJV)
24. Oh Lord, give me angels to aid me in the ministry of prayer and intercession, in Jesus’ name.
And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him. (Mark 1:13, KJV)
25. Send I pray thee, true light into my soul, light that produces positive prayer response, in the name of Jesus Christ.
In the light of the king’s countenance is life; and his favour is as a cloud of the latter rain. (Proverbs 16:15, KJV)
26. Father, give me wisdom, give me knowledge, give me understanding of spiritual matters and how that a lot depends on prayer, in Jesus’ name.
And he took up his parable, and said, Balaam the son of Beor hath said, and the man whose eyes are open hath said: He hath said, which heard the words of God, and knew the knowledge of the most High, which saw the vision of the Almighty, falling into a trance, but having his eyes open. (Number 24:15-16, KJV)
27. Father, I see that your kingdom is first advanced on the knee, in the spirit before it is in the physical, so Lord, help me to pray to push for the advancement of your kingdom, in Jesus’ name.
Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. (2 Timothy 2:7, KJV)
28. I resist by faith and by power everything and anything, sins and indulgencies that will deprive me again of power in prayer, in Jesus’ name.
29. Lord, strengthen my physical body too with supernatural strength so my body and its limitations will not stand in the way of prayer, in Jesus’ name.
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. (Isaiah 40:29, KJV)
30. Lord, by your wisdom, give me workable ideas, smart prayer strategies and ideas of how to pray, what to pray and where to pray (altar), in Jesus’ name.
In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. (Colossians 2:3, KJV)
31. Lord, I receive by faith, revival, fire and power in my prayer life and altar again, in Jesus’ name.
Now, go ahead and thank God for answer to prayers, in Jesus’ name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer For Someone To Be Realeased From Jail
On and on, there’s so much you can pray to rekindle the flame of glory on your prayer altar, but these prayer points to revive prayer life are intended to help you get started in prayer.
Yes, that’s the point; help you get started.
And you know what? The only way to pray is to actually pray!
You can talk about prayer and praying from now till Jesus comes, but if you do not get to praying (action, doing it), you may never do.
So, what that means is that you will have to bring yourself under great discipline, you will have to ask the Holy Spirit for grace to do this, so that you will be able to give expression to your resolve.
You will have to prepare yourself for prayer, you may have to stop some things and start to do some other things.
You may have to start going to bed early and stop watching TV into the dead of the night if you have decided that you will be waking up early in the morning before dawn like Jesus to pray.
You see, what you love you value.
Going to bed in good time, in anticipation of the time you are going to spend in God’s presence the next day may be the price to pay to have a sustained prayer life.
I think that’s not a price too heavy to pay.
Finally, as you begin to dust your prayer hat and to get into serious business with the Lord in the ministry of prayer and intercession, it will be well for you to learn the importance, place and power of praying in the spirit.
It is in praying in the spirit that you are able to really pray the mind of God on everything. (See Romans 8:26-27, NIV)
It is also through it that you are able to prevail in the place of prayer, pray well, pray sufficiently and exhaust your prayers.
It is the most beautiful and powerful weapon in your arsenal as a prayer warrior.
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. (Ephesians 6:18, KJV)
Do this and you will see the glory of God not only come on your prayer altar but also sustained.
God bless you.
All the best!