Do you feel the need for mercy and forgiveness and are short of words on how to communicate it to God?
Then these prayer points for mercy and forgiveness will help you articulate and communicate your need to God.
The word of God declares that God is abundant in mercy and ready to forgive.
For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. (Psalm 86:5, KJV)
All He wants from you is a sincere and genuine repentance and brokenness expressed and displayed through your attitude.
When that is done, then you can come calling and asking for His mercy and forgiveness.
And just as sure as the heaven is, you will receive God’s abundant grace and mercy and the sense of having your sins forgiveness will overwhelm you.
Yes, you will know that you have received pardon from God because the burden of guilt and condemnation will lift from your spirit, peace and joy will fill your heart once again.
That is a sure sign that you have been restored.
Let’s now take you on to prayer points for mercy and forgiveness in action.
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Favor And Breakthrough
Prayer Points For Mercy And Forgiveness
The following are prayer points for mercy and forgiveness, you can pray right away to receive God’s mercy and forgiveness one again:
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. (Isaiah 55:7, KJV)
1. Pray and say, Oh Father, before you and you alone have I sinned, please have mercy on me and forgive my sins Lord, in Jesus name.
Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. (Psalm 51:4, KJV)
2. Pray and say; Oh Lord my Father, I admit that I missed it, that I failed, failed to walk in love and in truth, but I ask for your mercy Lord, forgive me, in Jesus name.
I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee. (Psalm 41:4, KJV)
And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. (Luke 15:21, KJV)
3. Pray and say; Oh Lord God of Hosts, you know that I am but dust and clay, and that I have no power in myself to do right, so Lord look upon my frame and have mercy upon me, in Jesus name.
Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. (Psalm 103:13-14, KJV)
4. Pray and say; Oh Lord, you know that truly I love to serve and to honor your word, but I found myself sometimes do the things that I do not want to do and say the things, that I do not want to say, Lord, this then is beyond me, please help me Lord, in Jesus name.
For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. (Romans 7:15, KJV)
5. Pray and say; Oh Lord save me from self, let not my flesh have the dominion over me, over your word and grace in my life, in Jesus name.
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. (Romans 6:6-7, KJV)
6. Pray and say; Oh gracious God, full of compassion and slow to anger, please have mercy on me and forgive my short coming for the sake of Christ, in Jesus name.
The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. (Psalm 145:8, KJV)
7. Pray and say; Oh Lord, cleanse me and I shall be clean, heal me and I shall be healed, saved me from the power of sin, in Jesus name.
Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. (Jeremiah 17:14, KJV)
8. Pray and say; Oh Lord my Father, hold me up by your hand of righteousness and stable me so I may not fall again, in Jesus name.
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (Isaiah 41:10, KJV)
9. Pray and say; Oh Lord, with you is forgiveness, with you is mercy and with you is loving kindness, Lord, let me enjoy an abundance of them, in Jesus name.
But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared. (Psalm 130:4, KJV)
READ ALSO: Prayer Points For Power And Authority
10. Pray and say; Oh Lord, look not upon my demerits but upon the merits of Christ and of His shed blood and have mercy upon me, in Jesus name.
But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. (Ephesians 2:13, KJV)
11. Pray and say; Oh Lord, I know you have no pleasure in wickedness and evil does not live with you, so purify me therefore with your presence that I may be made clean and completely whole, in Jesus name.
For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. (Psalm 5:4, KJV)
12. Pray and say; Oh Lord, like the Psalmist of old, I pray that you show me your mercy and grant me your salvation, in Jesus name.
Shew us thy mercy, O LORD, and grant us thy salvation. (Psalm 85:7, KJV)
13. Pray and say; Oh Lord, your word declares that your mercy reaches higher than the heaven and that your faithfulness so astonishing, therefore, let your mercy and truth swallow up my short coming, in Jesus name.
For thy mercy is great above the heavens: and thy truth reacheth unto the clouds. (Psalm 108:4, KJV)
14. Pray and say; Oh Lord my Father, I seek your favor with my whole heart, please pour out your grace, mercy and forgiveness upon me according to your word, in Jesus name.
I intreated thy favour with my whole heart: be merciful unto me according to thy word. (Psalm 119:58, KJV)
15. Pray and say; Oh Lord, hold me up in your mercy and refine me with your fire of love, in Jesus name.
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. (Hebrews 7:25, KJV)
16. Pray and say; Oh Lord my Father, please hold me up in your love and in your compassion redeem and save me to the end, in Jesus name.
In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old. (Isaiah 63:9, KJV)
17. Pray and say; Oh Lord, I know you do not count my sins against me, neither do you hold grudge forever, so Lord, have mercy and forgive me in Jesus name.
The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. (Psalm 103:8-10, KJV)
18. Pray and say; Oh Lord, your word declares that you are Love and that love does not bear record of wrong, I therefore appeal to your loving kindness for mercy and forgiveness, in Jesus name.
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil. (1 Corinthians 13:5, KJV)
19. Pray and say; Oh Lord, your word declares that I should come boldly to the throne of grace to obtain mercy and find grace, that’s why I am at the throne room now Lord, help me to obtain that which I come for, in Jesus name.
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:16, KJV)
Now, go ahead and begin to thank God for answers to prayers, for mercy and forgiveness that you have received right now, in Jesus name.
READ ALSO: 24 Hour Miracle Prayer Points
Nonetheless, exhaustive, these prayer points for mercy and forgiveness will help you articulate and express your sincere brokenness and repentance to the Lord.
And when you are done praying, you will be able to come off your knee with the assurance that God has heard you.
If you truly pray these prayer points for mercy and forgiveness with all sincerity, you will come off your knee with the weight and burden of guilt lifted off your spirit.
God is faithful to His word and will honor it when you come to Him in accordance with His word. (See 1 John 1:9, KJV)
So now be rest assured that God has heard you and that His mercy and forgiveness have been released in abundance toward you.
What is left now is but praise and thanksgiving that you have been restored.
Go ahead and thank God for His love.
But then, go and sin no more. (See John 8:11, KJV)
All the best!