Here are prayer points for church members with scriptures that you can use to pray.
By the way, the church is not the building or place where you meet to worship (worship center), the church is the individual members that make up the congregation.
If those individuals are not there, then you have no church.
So, it matters what you do with and for each member of your church.
Now, as a pastor or leader, you have a call by God to raise for Him a church of His passion, a congregation of people who are holy, blameless and without spot or wrinkle. (See Ephesians 5:24-32, KJV)
You are called to grow and mature these individual believers until they become like Christ in every way – character, thoughts, attitudes, talk, walk and passion.
For short, God is depending on you for the formation of Christ in these individual believers. (See Galatians 5:19, NIV)
And for this to effectively happen you have to break the ground in prayer, water it with the word all through and also sustain the work through prayer.
So, you can readily see that if you want to be effective at building people to become like Christ, it has to be done from start to finish through prayer.
This is where this post tagged prayer points for church members with scriptures comes handy.
Are you ready to bend the knee for members of your church no matter how long… until Christ be formed in them?
Lets’ do it together.
Prayer Points For Church Members With Scriptures
The following is a list of prayer points for church members with scriptures that you can use to pray for each and every member of your church by name until Christ is fully formed in them.
1. Father, thank you for every soul and member of the body of Christ that you have committed to my trust to be their pastor in a local assembly, I pray that you give me a large heart, the shepherd heart, so I can lead them in your will and purpose always, in Jesus’ name.
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. (John 10:11, KJV)
2. Lord, I pray that every member you have given me to watch over will be kept from evil and the evil one by the divine presence, in Jesus’ name.
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. (John 17:15, KJV)
3. Lord, I pray that the minds of every member of church be opened to understand the scriptures, in Jesus’ name.
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures. (Luke 24:45, KJV)
4. I pray Lord that you give these members hearts that understand, eyes that see and ears that hear, in Jesus’ name.
But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. (Matthew 13:16, KJV)
5. I pray that every member of Church be filled with the Spirit of grace and holiness – seeking to please you in every way, in the name of Jesus Christ.
6. I ask that you give unto every member of church Lord, the spirit of wisdom and revelation to know you, and I also pray that the eyes of their heart will be flooded with lights, in Jesus’ name.
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints. (Ephesians 1:17-18, KJV)
7. Yes Father, I pray that you pour upon every soul and member of church the Spirit of grace and supplication with fire for a transformed prayer life, in Jesus’ name.
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. (Zechariah 12:10, KJV)
8. Yes Lord, I ask that the spirit of the fear of the Lord will take the center place and have its way with every member of church so they may conduct themselves in godly reference – living a life that is well pleasing in your sight, in Jesus’ name.
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. (Rom 12:1, KJV)
9. I ask Lord that you keep them from falling, keep every member from falling for sin, error and deception, in Jesus’ name.
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. (Jude 1:24-25, KJV)
10. Father, I also pray that you keep them from spiritual weaknesses (prayerlessness, laziness and idleness) and infirmities (sins and indulgencies) that pollute body and spirit and destroy, in Jesus’ name.
11. Father, let no root of bitterness and envy have a hold on any of the members, in Jesus’ name.
Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled. (Hebrews 12:15, KJV)
12. Father, I ask that you deliver them from temptation according as you have promised in your world, in Jesus’ name.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. (Matthew 6:13a, KJV)
13. I pray that they will mature in the knowledge of Christ growing up into responsible sons and daughters of God, children with whom you are well pleased Father, in Jesus’ name.
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ. (Ephesians 4:15, KJV)
14. I ask Lord that these ones will come to know something about your love that surpasses knowledge and understanding, in Jesus’ name.
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. (Ephesians 3:19, KJV)
15. I pray that they may be strengthened with the might of the Spirit that makes for patience, long suffering and joyfulness, in Jesus’ name.
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness. (Colossians 1:11, KJV)
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Good Health With Bible Verses
16. Yes Lord, let Christ settle and dwell in their hearts richly and abundantly in all wisdom, understanding and power, in Jesus’ name.
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love. (Ephesians 3:17, KJV)
17. Lord, I pray that these ones will come to know something experientially of the power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead in all its fullness, in Jesus’ name.
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death. (Philippians 3:10, KJV)
18. Oh that these ones may come to know you Lord in all of your power, love, mercy, kindness, goodness, glory and grace, so their faith can stay stable and strong in time of trouble and challenges and also for all time, in Jesus’ name.
19. Lord, anoint your people for exploits in life and ministry. Let everything they do and touch produce abundantly, in Jesus’ name.
20. I pray that none shall be small or little among your people, they shall be great and mighty on earth, in Jesus’ name.
21. I declare them blessed, prosperous and victorious in every way and endeavors through the blood of the cross of Christ, in Jesus’ name.
Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. (Psalm 112:1-2, KJV)
22. Lord, in your name, I command deliverance and healing for everyone that is infirmed in their body one way or the other, in the name of Jesus Christ.
23. I declare that the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus is actively at work in them dispelling sin, sicknesses and diseases, in Jesus’ mighty name.
24. I receive for every member of church the quickening power of the Spirit of God for healing and health, revitalization and rejuvenation, in Jesus’ name.
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:1-2, KJV)
25. I declare the work of their hands blessed and they shall be blessed with irrevocable blessings, in Jesus’ name.
26. I command the blessing on their estates and interests, everything they do shall prosper, in Jesus’ name.
Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle. (Deuteronomy 7:14, KJV)
27. Lord, let your hand of power be stretched forth over every member of their families for protection from evil and the evil one on every front, in Jesus’ name.
28. I declare that it is well with every member of the church, the hand of the wicked shall not exert upon them, in the name of Jesus Christ.
For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity. (Psalm 125:3, KJV)
29. Yes Lord, I declare that all of their children shall be taught, natured and raised by you and great shall be their peace, in Jesus’ name.
And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. (Isaiah 54:13, KJV)
30. Lord, I pray that every member of church shall love you Lord, doing your bidding without disputation and controversies, in Jesus’ name.
Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. (Romans 12:9, KJV)
31. I declare that they are all obedient children of God, not walking in rebellion, unbelief and insubordination, in Jesus’ name.
Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. (Hebrews 3:12, KJV)
Now, go ahead and thank God for answer to prayer, in Jesus’ name.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Prayer Points For Next Level With Scriptures
Nonetheless exhaustive, these prayer points for church members are intended to help you get started in prayer.
And as you give yourself to it, the Lord will lead you on to praying inspired, custom-made prayer points that meet the very need of your congregation.
All you need first is just to start with what you know – the prayer list and then watch where the Lord will take you to in prayer if your yield to Him.
Now, one way to help you yield to the Spirit is through prompt and active praying in the spirit and in tongues.
That way, you will give the Holy Spirit room to walk and pray through you like He did through the Lord Jesus Christ and the apostles themselves.
With that comes the guarantee of being able to pray the will and the very mind of God for your congregation and for any other thing and occasion. (See Romans 8:26-27, NIV)
Plus, you will be assured of being able to pray with power, pray satisfactorily, pray well and ultimately exhaust your prayers.
I know no other better and most spiritually advanced way to pray and getting results than praying in the spirit and in tongues.
Little did we wonder why one of the greatest apostles of all time, the Apostle Paul admonished believers everywhere to pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests? (See Ephesians 6:18a, NIV)
Now, if you want to see the kinds of results that the very Apostle Paul saw in his life and prayer, then you have got to do what he did and pray the way he did and recommended.
God bless you.
All the best!
Our Most Popular Content
- 31 Earnest Prayer Points For Beginning Of A New Month
- 23 Scriptural Prayer Points For Mercy (With Bible Verses)
- 13 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For The Church
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Restoration (With Bible Verses)
- 26 Great Opening Prayer Points For Church Service
- 11 Strong Prayer Points For Family (With Bible Verses)
- 17 Strong Intercessory Prayer Points For Sunday Service
- 43 Strong Spiritual Warfare Prayer Points With Scriptures
- 23 Strong Prayer Points For Breakthrough (With Bible Verses)
- 17 Strong Prayer Points For Church Growth And Revival